30-30 Brass

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
I just received a product notification from Midway. They are listing Nosler 30-30 brass as available at $105.99/100, not including the tax and shipping . As much as I like Nosler brass I refuse to pay that! I for one will start buying other vendors brass. I really don't think my 336 Marlin is going to notice much difference.

I just received a product notification from Midway. They are listing Nosler 30-30 brass as available at $105.99/100, not including the tax and shipping . As much as I like Nosler brass I refuse to pay that! I for one will start buying other vendors brass. I really don't think my 336 Marlin is going to notice much difference.
That is a waste of money it's a 30/30 so you won't really be shooting past 300 yards. Starline is good brass you can almost get 250 for the same price.

powder valley has Winchester

And Nosler

And Prvi
I am not sure how Prvi brass compares.

Midway is way high.

Opening a bag of todays Winchester brass would make most want to cry. Over the past several years their quality fell off a cliff onto a sharp jagged rock.

powder valley has Winchester

And Nosler

And Prvi
I am not sure how Prvi brass compares.

Midway is way high.
Don’t know about the 30-30, but the PPU 308 brass I have is really good stuff.

Opening a bag of todays Winchester brass would make most want to cry. Over the past several years their quality fell off a cliff onto a sharp jagged rock.

Yep. They got me on a bag of 22-250 in the new red/black bag. Not again. Once it's fully prepped it's as good as anything else, but man what a bunch of work to get it ready. Be hard to think that all of it is that bad, but maybe it is??

Be hard to think that all of it is that bad, but maybe it is??
Yes it is. I was a firm believer in Winchester brass years ago. With a little prep work you have good brass with a little extra case room vs other brands. Then something changed along with the bag color , I think they bag up their culled case and sell them to reloaders.

I have few boxes of Hornady brass but I typically don't shoot expensive brass as I never go on a hunt and return with all my brass, particularly 30-30. I'd be too busy looking for spent cases than focusing on follow shots on a mob of pigs because I'm a tight arse. $2-$3 for a piece of brass is too expensive for me

Back