300 Blackout loads?

trsmith1818

Beginner
Jul 17, 2011
Hey guys

Starting to work up loads for my new 300 blackout. I have a ton of 150gr AB/BT, 168 E-Tips and 180AB and would like to use them for hunting.

I didn't see any load data for this caliber/weight combination on Nosler's website. Anyone have a data for these?

Ill be using H110 and small rifle primers

Thanks as always

What are you shooting your 300 BO in? This will help determine what your cartridge COAL can be. You need all the powder capacity you can get so your bullet does not need to be down in your case. With the bullets you mentioned at the max velocity you can drive them you will get very little if any expansion. There is really two schools of thought with the 300 BO. 125gr and lighter bullets that can be driven fast enough to expand which is usually under 100 yards, and heavy 200+ gr bullets that kill by precise bullet placement to vitals and penetration from their heavy weight not counting on getting any expansion.

Look at Hodgdon's website. They have data for similar weight bullets although different make. I think you could use that data for Nosler bullets. They of course have H110 data also...

I dont want to assume this, but the bullets listed are slightly different which will affect pressure (even if minimal) assuming starting with minimum load and work up.

My major concern is the barnes TTSX. Given the fact that its all copper, I can't find actual reloading data specific for the 165gr in this caliber. Anyone have experience with this

Back