300 WBY load recipe

Check the recommendations for most accurate load in your Nosler Reloading Guide. They are usually spot on.

H-4831, H-1000, and RL-19 and the 180gn AccuBond and Interlocks have made great loads with my 300 Roy. I would drop all notions of duplicating Weatherby's factory ammo velocity since that powder is blended and not available over the counter. Loads with Norma MRP shows some impressive speeds in the Norma reloading manual but I've never tried it.

I have found the top load of Rl-25 with the 180 AccuBond is the most accurate in my gun. I get a 3/4" group with this load and it is fast and accurate! All i ever use the gun for is elk and it does a fine job for that purpose. Nosler book #7 lists 86.5 grains at 3152, mine gets a little more!

My current load is with Hornady Brass, Fed215 primers , and a 180 gr Interbonds .
I worked up to 80 grs of RL-22. Using Interbonds because I got 200 (2 boxes) at under 100$ . That's a good deal up this way . I chrono'd it darn close to 3140 fps for a 10 shot string.
My rifle is a Rem 700 chambered in -300 bee, like always this load works in my rifle work up.

Mine likes the max load of R25 in Noslers #7 manual. I have taken several bull elk with this load and it shoots better than any load I have tried!

180 AccuBond
86.5 gr Rl25
cci 250 primers
loaded to magazine length

Mine is a fast barrel as i get over 3200 fps!

Back