300 WIN MAG LOAD

sakojohn

Beginner
Dec 17, 2006
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A LOAD FOR THE 300 WIN MAG USING 110 GRAIN BULLETS AND IMR 4350? ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED

in the speer #12 using the 110gr spire point imr 4350 starting load is 76gr listed velocity is 3400fps. max load is 80gr imr 4350 at 3579fps

77grs Imr 4350, RP cases,WLRM primer, 110gr hornady v-max.
Not chronographed but listed at around 3650 fps.
I have also used 67 grs of Varget with good results. Loads are listed near max. Start low and work up. Try www.imrpowder.com.
These are great loads to practice trigger conrtol. They won't beat you up. Feels like a 243.

Why on earth a 110 gr.?? If ya want speed...ya need a .22/250 or something similar!

110 gr. bullets in a 300 Win Mag is about like putting a T-Model Ford engine in a BMW!!

Accuracy won't be best as the ROT is wrong for that bullet!

?????????????

I had just started to reload. I am using an RCBS Rockchucker that was given to me. I use it for hunting moose and other large game animals. Any ideas on a good load to start at?

I do want to shoot out to around 500 yrds.

Sharpsman
I have used the 110 gr loads for initial sighting in. Also it's fun hitting water filled milk jugs at 300 yds and not worring about recoil. When I bought my 300 it came with a crappy scope. I sighted it in and two days later I decided to use that scope for a baseball bat and buy a new one. After sighting in again my shoulder got a little sore and I started to flinch.
I loaded some of those 110 gr loads down to around 3100 fps and did a "rough sight in". After I quit flinching i switched back to my favorite load and did my final sight in.

Back