300 win mag

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
I just barely got a new 300 win mag. And I am planning on shooting 1k+. But i am having problems figuring out how to adjust my MOA the right way. I went to hornady and they said that with the load i am shooting to adjust my MOA up by 20.2. but i have a 1/4 MOA at 100 yards. And i am wondering if anyone could temm me how to adjust this right. Thanks

OK if you're serious about long range shooting get the M1 turrets put on your scope by the Leupold custom shop (provided you have a Leupold).
Wha scope do you have?

Then you can easily dial in your MOA

POP":ywe63sze said:
OK if you're serious about long range shooting get the M1 turrets put on your scope by the Leupold custom shop (provided you have a Leupold).
Wha scope do you have?

right now i am thinking about getting a barska 8-32x50

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/calculations/traj/traj.html

Plug in all your info and run your "click" chart. At the bottom you can select MOA calculatiions. Each number on your scope is 1 MOA.

This should get you close but you will need to test at the range to fine tune what the adjustments at different ranges are real world.

You will definitely need to adjust for wind speed also which you can plug into this calculator also.

corbin9191":wuza1tfx said:
POP":wuza1tfx said:
Wha scope do you have?

right now i am thinking about getting a barska 8-32x50

corbin9191,

When you start shooting long range, the optics play a critical role.
You need a robust scope with excellent optics for resolution at the higher powers and good light transmission. Also a turret system that is positive with repeatability and plenty of internal adjustment. That is why the 30mm tubes are popular.
Leupold and Nightforce are the popular scope choices for 1K shooting.
A good place to learn long range hunting and shooting is here-
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/index.php

Hope this helps.

JD338

Back