300WSM and 180 AB

remmy1187":15vb4gea said:
.... I have however had 200 Partitions shoot in the 1/2" range.

Now folks, thats something I could really clap my hands about! 8) :grin: :p !!!!!!

I'm shooting 180gr accubonds over 68.5 gr of h4831 and a cci 250 for about 2900fps. They are shooting pretty consistently about .75-1 moa at 100 yards.

I think Gerry might be on to something and my thoughts were the accubonds might be a little long for certain twists in certain rifles.

big rifle man":2zmisre5 said:
I think Gerry might be on to something and my thoughts were the accubonds might be a little long for certain twists in certain rifles.

That could be, but it'll shoot the 208 AMAX into little 1/2"-3/4" clusters with RL19. Just can't see the 200 AB being any different. I have some 200 PTs as well, so if the 180's don't shape up, those will be next.

Scotty, it would be interesting to find out how much of each bullet is in contact with the rifling. I've read a couple of articles indicating that the 165 grain and 180 grain bullets are ideal for the .300 short mag and that longer (heavier bullets) might not stabilize as well. Just for comparison the Partition against the AccuBond in regards to length. When I first purchased my .300 I tried different weights/bullets and found the 180 partitions and pro hunters outshot everything else.

BRM, I'd shoot about any 180 out of this rifle. Still need to nail down a load and I'm hoping the 180 AB shines, but if not, I'll move on to something else.

I tried 68 grains of RL19 again today, shortened them up a little as well, then shot them at 275 yards..

Seems like they will work. Not really perfect, but it wasn't a great range day today anyhow, being so hot..

I am thinking the load will probably look better, when I am having a little better time. Seems evenly distributed and right around MOA, so I am okay with that.

I did check the zero at 275 with my 338 Win Mag. Shooting the 210 PT's at around 3050. Pretty happy with it overall.

I shot the first 3 on the left of the bull, made a 1 click adjustment to the right, the first two looked pretty danged good and I went and winged the 3rd.. Ah well..

Still, pretty decent for the old 338. Seems like it and RL19 get along pretty well. Speeds are excellent and the load just shoots and shoots. Not a tackdriver, but seems consistent across the board.

I was gonna ask the same thing. Looks like you have a good pair going. The 338 looks really good. Them old guns do shoot!!

Oldtrader3":1kcnxnew said:
What kind of money are you carrying? Nothing that I have seen before?

Not sure, just grabbed it Charlie. I'll look closer when I get home.

You aren't kidding Jake. The last group I shot with the 210's went 1 3/4" at 275 yards... I was very happy to see that. Love my old Alaskan. Hopefully I'll get an elk to stand still for it...

SJB358":29ktvmty said:
I tried 68 grains of RL19 again today, shortened them up a little as well, then shot them at 275 yards..

I did check the zero at 275 with my 338 Win Mag. Shooting the 210 PT's at around 3050. Pretty happy with it overall.

I shot the first 3 on the left of the bull, made a 1 click adjustment to the right, the first two looked pretty danged good and I went and winged the 3rd.. Ah well..

Still, pretty decent for the old 338. Seems like it and RL19 get along pretty well. Speeds are excellent and the load just shoots and shoots. Not a tackdriver, but seems consistent across the board.

If that .338 WM will shoot 1-3/4 inch groups at 275 yards with the 210 Partition, you have a real winner!! Most people can not even shoot that hammer at that level with any consistency. My .338 Federal really likes the 210 Partitions also and will shoot MOA or better with them almost every group. That bullet has been favorite since it first came out!

Oldtrader3":2k0an592 said:
SJB358":2k0an592 said:

If that .338 WM will shoot 1-3/4 inch groups at 275 yards with the 210 Partition, you have a real winner!! Most people can not even shoot that hammer at that level with any consistency. My .338 Federal really likes the 210 Partitions also and will shoot MOA or better with them almost every group. That bullet has been favorite since it first came out!

The old rifle will shoot Charlie. I am very happy with it. Seems like the 210's are shooting just fine. I would like to get it stretched out a little further, just to verify the drops, but I am thinking, it'll be just fine. I shoot it pretty slow most of the time, but it puts shots on target, consistently. Couldn't be happier.

That is simply awesome Scotty!..Man, you are ready pal! :grin: ..Lou

I would not worry about the horsepower so much. The 210 will probably give you everything that you need. If not you can always step up to the 225 Partitions with a little more drop but much more HP out there. If you are going to hunt coastal bear, I would definitely go with the 250 PT's.

Back