300WSM Load for Elk

Pineman

Beginner
Dec 20, 2021
I think I found my Elk load for this fall. H4350 with Norma Brass, Remington 9.5M primers and Federal TA 175 bullets out of my XBolt. Average speed was 3087fps. Pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 300WSM 0.203 Group.jpg
    300WSM 0.203 Group.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 300WSM 3 shot covered up by dime.jpg
    300WSM 3 shot covered up by dime.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 300WSM 3 shot group for Elk.jpg
    300WSM 3 shot group for Elk.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 16
I think I found my Elk load for this fall. H4350 with Norma Brass, Remington 9.5M primers and Federal TA 175 bullets out of my XBolt. Average speed was 3087fps. Pretty happy with it.
Oh, yeah, that'll do nicely. (y)

That'll do Pineman, that'll do!
Should put elk down just fine with proper bullet placement!
I am liking the on-game performance I have experienced with the Federal TA bullets to date!

Thanks for the kind words. I've used Norma Bondstrike and Accubonds the past few years with excellent results but really excited to try the TA's. Part of the fun of reloading is to try different "recipes".. at least for me.

Thanks for the kind words. I've used Norma Bondstrike and Accubonds the past few years with excellent results but really excited to try the TA's. Part of the fun of reloading is to try different "recipes".. at least for me.
Always enjoyed finding new recipes and learning all the parameters of the rifle as a precision instrument. (y)

Doesn't get any better than that, fantastic accuracy and velocity. Hope you get the chance on an elk this fall.

Back