325 WSM E-Tip

hct236

Beginner
Oct 6, 2010
New to the board, been lurking around a while and found plenty of good info here. My question is; does anybody know of a good starting point for loading the 180gr e-tip for 325wsm? The e-tip in 8mm didn't have any info in the reloading data. Any help is much appreciated!!!!!

Welcome to the forum; there are some very knowledgeable people here. I would recommend that you use the data provided for the 180 grain Ballistic Tip, using the mid-range charge as your maximum. It looks as if W760 may be just the ticket for the 180 grain E-Tip. A maximum charge for the 325 WSM would be 64.0 grains.

hct236,

Welcome to the forum!

The E-Tip has a long bearing surface that can cause pressure spikes. For this reason, use the starting load and work up to the mid load as a MAX load for the ET bullet.

JD338

Dr.Mike is right about the W760 powder for the 325 WSM. IF you need some more info on reloading,check out www.hodgdon.com for data on reloading also you can check out reloading online at www.nosler.com under resources

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the 325WSM.

7Mags Forever an a 30 cal. will "Slam Dunk Um"

Thanks guys. I have been looking around for some loads for a while and not having much luck. I found a few pet loads some folks were posting on other sites but I was leary of them because they seemed pretty hot to me. I'll work some up and post the results.

Back