338-378 Bee 280gr LRX

D21ALASKA

Handloader
Oct 29, 2013
I've got a friend that just picked up a Mark V 338-378 Bee for a bison hunt he's got coming up next fall/winter. He's wanting to run with the 280gr LRX, good choice in my personal opinion, but Barnes isn't listing any load data for that combo for some reason. Bullet too long maybe?
Any thoughts or load data help from the Bee aficionados is appreciated as always.
Thanks guys.

Stuff the case full of H1000, touch it off, should be good. Shot one of those once, gives me the shudders just thinking about it. Did he get one of the Delta tags?

Using Barnes 338 Lapua load data will get you started. Just work up from that.

Stuff the case full of H1000, touch it off, should be good. Shot one of those once, gives me the shudders just thinking about it. Did he get one of the Delta tags?
Yeah that's what I told him. Sucker is going to thump at both ends but he seems ok with it. He did pull a Delta tag yes. I'm extremely jealous but at least I get to work the load and go on the hunt with him as a backup. I've got some US869 on the shelf that I'll be toying with for now.
Using Barnes 338 Lapua load data will get you started. Just work up from that.
Yeah I've found some outlying data for some rough baselines that I'll go with for now. Was just wondering if anyone had any specific experience.

The Hodgdon Reloading site has data for 275gr and 300gr (cup & core) bullets. That should give you a good starting point.

The Hodgdon Reloading site has data for 275gr and 300gr (cup & core) bullets. That should give you a good starting point.
Thanks for the heads up Charlie. I had seen that the other day while researching and figured it was probably what I was going to use to set parameters.

Back