338 RCM

Got out and shot it today. First load I tried with 225 Partition and h414 gave a nice consistent 2610 fps average with a of SD 14.

The NECG peep was actually kind of challenging to get lined up. I almost ran out of adjustment but eventually got it zeroed. Now I just need to find a convenient way to carry it. I might try to store it in the buttstock but would need to carry a screwdriver to access it.

Once the scope was mounted it really shot quite well. It was grouping between 1”-1.25” like clockwork, nice round groups. I was kind of worried about the bedding but didn’t notice any stringing or shifting as the barrel heated.

The real surprise is the nice 1.5” 200 yard group settled 1” high. I guess I won’t mess with the sights any!

Really not bad considering the very minimal load development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out and shot it today. First load I tried with 225 Partition and h414 gave a nice consistent 2610 fps average with a of SD 14.

The NECG peep was actually kind of challenging to get lined up. I almost ran out of adjustment but eventually got it zeroed. Now I just need to find a convenient way to carry it. I might try to store it in the buttstock but would need to carry a screwdriver to access it.

Once the scope was mounted it really shot quite well. It was grouping between 1”-1.25” like clockwork, nice round groups. I was kind of worried about the bedding but didn’t notice any stringing or shifting as the barrel heated.

The real surprise is the nice 1.5” 200 yard group settled 1” high. I guess I won’t mess with the sights any!

5647a244cf9af2adde9716e5134946ce.jpg

Really not bad considering the very minimal load development.

Problem solved! Recycled my cheek piece from my 308. It easily fits the NECG sight and streamlight. It also holds 4 cartridges. It makes for a nice grab and go package.

e1de37b64452d77d3ab34f9096ce71cb.jpg

That looks like a really handy and practical rig for your territory. Keep us posted on how it does and how you like it.

I have the NECG peep sights for back up for my two custom lh Rugers in 376 Steyr and 416 Taylor.
I carry them in small marked containers in my pack when taking these rifles out and in a pinch can change them out with the scopes with my leatherman in the field. Carrying a small screwdriver with the properly sized flat bit would be a better solution; but just in case I forget to grab it when I go....

Back