338WM and 7mm Rem Mag

Those are all good rounds.
I can't from any logical perspective tell you one is any better than another, buy I really like the Roberts.
I have 2 rifles so chamberd and a ackley improved roberts too.
There is no question that the .260 will handle bigger game like elk better than the Roberts, and I am sure the .260 is no big kicker either.
But The Ruger hawkey featherweight in .257 roberts would be a danday rifle for any thing under about 500, lbs.
Often extreemly acurate.
It performes well from shorter barreld rifles. My Ruger ultra light will put 3, 100 grain tripple shocks into well under an inch and gets 3140 from a 20 inch tube.
With a 270 in your safe , I think a 25,06 is awfully close to the same thing.
But that is just my predjuduce. The other rounds are great too.
...tj3006

I really have enough rifles for myself, now I am kind of collecting rifles for my kids. My son has a 243 and now my daughter is turning 5 so she will be ready to get shooting pretty quick. I would like the 260 or a smaller .257 caliber for her, I could load reduced loads and get her shooting. I have plenty of 22's, but my grand plan is going to be one small bore, and one larger rifle for them. That way both of them have something for the rest of their hunting lives. Scotty

I am looking pretty hard at the 260 and the 257. Both would be pretty cool for my daughters first rifle. Either one would probably cover her for about anything she would hunt. Later on, I think both will get full size 30-06's. I figure that would be a great set up for them, that way they will always be properly equipped. Scotty

Back