340 Bee

Scotty, I was right about which rifle it was ( in the weatherby line ). this is his second 340. He said he prefers 250 N.P. or 240 N.F. or the weatherby loaded ammo, which is also 250 N.P.

Fotis, I told him that you said the recoil was nothing, and he thought perhaps it is because your using 210's and in that case he said the recoil would be about the same as my 348, but the 250 loads which I shoot out of his rifle has a bit more bite

Scotty, if he was to go down in size to a 210, he said he would just use the 300 Weatherby. dont forget we tend to shoot heavy for caliber bullets.

Does this answer your question Scotty as I received a p.m that said I did not answer your question, sorry about that, but I am in Greenland and my husband is at home

I am used to 300gr at 3000 fps and 260 at close to 3200 fps in the 378 lol

Thankful Otter":vtkovlex said:
Scotty, I was right about which rifle it was ( in the weatherby line ). this is his second 340. He said he prefers 250 N.P. or 240 N.F. or the weatherby loaded ammo, which is also 250 N.P.

Fotis, I told him that you said the recoil was nothing, and he thought perhaps it is because your using 210's and in that case he said the recoil would be about the same as my 348, but the 250 loads which I shoot out of his rifle has a bit more bite

Scotty, if he was to go down in size to a 210, he said he would just use the 300 Weatherby. dont forget we tend to shoot heavy for caliber bullets.

Does this answer your question Scotty as I received a p.m that said I did not answer your question, sorry about that, but I am in Greenland and my husband is at home

Oh yeah. That answers it. Is that your hubbys LR rifle or just his favorite?

Awesome Young Man, and great benchrest technique! I got right at 3200 with H4350 and the older 210xbt from my only 340W ( that LWT MGM custom I used in south Africa/Namibia) I only shot Blesbuk, Impala, zebra and a couple of the big Namibian Gemsbuk, but it was a real killer. I would have shot more animals but it kicked the guts out of its 2nd scope in a row and I just finished the hunt with my older 300WM and the 180xbt...which was a real killer itself! Upon return I had MGM rebarrel it to the 338WM and I only shot the 185xlc. I later tried a couple of 338 RUMs and they were sweethearts too, one with the 250PT and 180NAB in the other. I have found that the lwt Premiums make as big of a hole and penetrate almost as well as a bigger bullet, plus recoils much less. :) Goodluck to you.

Back