.35-300WSM

TBASTIAN

Handloader
Jul 1, 2006
Has anyone on this forum tinkered with this wildcat? Are there sources for barrels and dies? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who might have worked with this caliber recently. Thanks in advance.
-TB

nomosendero":2ec8kyw4 said:
It would be nice in a BLR.

+1
This would be a great round for elk in black timber and bears.

JD338

One of the Big name gun writers called it the "25 Pronghorn". Check out the savage shooters forum. I believe they based in on the 270 WSM necked down to .25. (if we are talking about the same wildcat) It is the short Mag that winchester should have done versus the super short they did IMHO. CL

The "savage shoooters forum" requires payment now so I'm locked ouit but there is an article in there about chambering a 25 WSM.

Wow -
I'm sorry I mis-read the subject line to your post. I thought it said 25-300 WSM not 35-300. Just ignore me. :oops:

cloverleaf":3ah3tya1 said:
Wow -
I'm sorry I mis-read the subject line to your post. I thought it said 25-300 WSM not 35-300. Just ignore me. :oops:

Been there myself :grin:

If you go to 35cal.com you can pull up some information on the 35-300WSM. Seems like it rests between the 35 Whelen and the 358 Norma, and does it out of a Ruger with a 22" barrel. I think he reamed the chamber of a 350 Remington Magnum to make the chambering. Plus he kept all the dimensions the same, minus opening the neck of course. Scotty

beretzs":ey8s0i6x said:
If you go to 35cal.com you can pull up some information on the 35-300WSM. Seems like it rests between the 35 Whelen and the 358 Norma, and does it out of a Ruger with a 22" barrel. I think he reamed the chamber of a 350 Remington Magnum to make the chambering. Plus he kept all the dimensions the same, minus opening the neck of course. Scotty

I just read his info last week on 35cal.com. He has some load data and other information.

His website is what got me hooked on 35's. Not that it is flashy, but I remember being in BC Canada in 1995 and watching a guy shoot moose, grizzly, goat and an elk with the 35 Whelen. It kind of stuck with me. Then in 06 I saw the CDL 700 was offered in 35 Whelen and had to have one. I used factory 200's for the first year, then loaded 225gr TSX's for Idaho Elk and Bear. Worked great. Then I bought a BLR 358 and that has been my new baby. Can't wait to finish it with a scope and a solid elk load. Either way, I used his data and built my some loads for both guns. R15 was awesome in the Whelen, and looks to be pretty good on the 35-300WSM also. Scotty

Back