35 remington

tipiguy

Beginner
Dec 6, 2004
I am using a TC Contender Carbine (21" barrel) in 35 remington. I would like to use 225 BT for deer and 225 grain partitions for black bear. Will these bullets work reliably at 35 Remington velocities? I'd prefer not to go to the 180 grain Partition handgun bullet unless I need to.

How would these bullets work in my 12" 35 Rem Contender pistol barrel?

Thanks for the help.

tipiguy

I have similar questions about this. I would like to know of any loads that anyone has tried to get a starting point. I loaded 20 rds. using 31.5 gr. of IMR3031. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet other than one test round, so I don't know about accuracy. I don't even know if this is a good starting load because I can't find any loads for this bullet or even this weight. I would appreciate any help from anyone who has worked with this combo.
Thanks.

Am I correct to speculate that a 225 gr from a 35 Rem (21" barrel) would generate 1800-1900 fps at best?

I had a chance to shoot a whitetail last Saturday with my Contender using the 225 BT in .35 Rem. The results were devastating. At seventy yards it left an exit wound the size of my fist. The deer managed to run only ten yds. I'm very pleased.

At 70 yards the velocity was still pretty high. Most tested rifle load data gives a 220-grain bullet just 1900-2000 fps. I know that I load my 14" Contender slightly above published load levels - any idea of your muzzle velocity?

in my 14" 35rem contender(rimmed version using 303 british brass) i load 39.5gr of h322 with hornadys 180gr spitzer single shot bullet. accuracy is most excellent.
velocity is 2182fps and will do deer a good ways out. :wink:

i think nosler should produce a 35cal balistic tip that would give similar performance. it might have other rifle uses as well :? ....but i'm a total handgunner.

I don't know what MV I'm shooting. I'm using 31.5gr IMR3031. I couldn't find any published data for the 225 BT, so this is what I came up with. If there is published data for this round with this bullet, I'd appreciate any info on where to find it. I know NOSLER sent this out for help, but I haven't heard anything.

Back