358Win Ready - See You All Mid Oct.

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Went to the range to day to make sure my 358Win was ready to go and here is my sight-in group. My Mississippi Thumper is ready.

IMG_8973.jpg

IMG_8974.jpg

This has been a real consistent rifle and cartridge.

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

JordanAleysbirthday139.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

Five shot group
IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

Three shot group (best group fired with this rifle)
IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

What load are you taking to Az this year? The AccuBond or the Sierra? Both look like they are some awesome shooter. I bet they are going to be the ticket for bear and anything else that you come across this year. Good luck Bullet. Scotty

You're fortunate that the AB works so well in your short action.

beretzs":325oirsb said:
What load are you taking to Az this year? The AccuBond or the Sierra? Both look like they are some awesome shooter. I bet they are going to be the ticket for bear and anything else that you come across this year. Good luck Bullet. Scotty

Both are shooting pretty much the same. Consistently the Sierra is more accurate group after group but I get more velocity out of the AccuBond load give me 25 to 30 yards more down range ability and a little more energy. Either bullet would do just fine.

What is so unique is the fast AccuBond shots a all most the same place that he Sierra does at 100yds so I really don't have to adjust my scope if I wan to switch to the other bullet. I will go with the AccuBond.

POP":28pjmjlq said:
I will be using the AB in my new 338 mag :wink:

What new 338Win Mag??????????? If you got one cool. I am going to load Accubonds and Partitions in mine when I get back from my hunt!!!! I have already started but don't want to publish anything until I have finished my load work. I will be using 225gr Remington Core-Lokt factory ammo on the hunt has the back up load.

I think that is cool but answer my above question. Frankly I was disappointed when you bought the 300WSM instead of a medium bore. :):)

375hh1973":3b54npme said:
i dont think that rifle is nearly accurate enough for hunting....

Yeah, you might be right, maybe I need to start my load development all over again, what do you think??? :lol: Thanks 375hh1973, it will do, love your humor man. :grin:

That is a nice setup! I was going to do a build in .358 Win on a model 70 action, but you have got me thinking that I might be able to save a few bucks and get as good results. What does your rifle weigh all up?

Kimberman":89vxazm5 said:
That is a nice setup! I was going to do a build in .358 Win on a model 70 action, but you have got me thinking that I might be able to save a few bucks and get as good results. What does your rifle weigh all up?

Total with scope 8 1/2" pounds

bullet
What's your load for the 358?
I just bought one on BivWak and am looking forward to loading Accubonds.
Greg

Greg Nolan":t7jdjdp7 said:
bullet
What's your load for the 358?
I just bought one on BivWak and am looking forward to loading Accubonds.
Greg

I use TAC powder, 215 Fed mag primers and 225gr AccuBond. Start at 46grs and work up. I stopped at 50grs of TAC and it is a compressed charge.

Back