375 H&H / 260gr Accubond range report with pictures &amp

enigma

Beginner
Jun 24, 2006
I just came back from the range where I tested for the first time the 260gr Nosler Accubonds as well as my new chronograph, a ProChrono Digital made by Competition Electronics.

A few details of the equipment used.

Rifle: Winchester M70 Classic Stainless in 375 H&H
Scope: 2-7x32 Bushnell Elite 3200

Brass: Winchester, once fired brass
Primer: WLRM
Powder: RE-15, starting load of 68grs ended at 73grs
Bullet: 260gr Nosler AccuBond seated to 3.590 inches

Following is a few pictures taken today at the 100yrd range. It was my first time out with my new chronograph. Temperature was around 28 degrees Celsius. Cloud cover ranged from clear and sunny to overcast and rain. 25 rounds were fired through the unit, all registered, with not one error message. This is one great unit!!!

With 73grs of RE-15, using a 6 shot string, I got a high of 2743 fps, low of 2726, average velocity of 2732 fps, standard deviation of 7. All cases showed very smooth extraction and no pressure signs.

I just can not wait to receive my laminated stock to replace the factory injection molded part that they call a stock!!!

I hope you enjoy the report as much as I had this afternoon at the range.

Cheers,

Maurice

P.S. I also added a link to a video I created this afternoon. Its very cheesy but I had fun doing it. Its the AccuBond versus a charging 2 liter soda bottle... the AccuBond won!

:grin:
close-up.jpg

chrono.jpg

100yds-view.jpg

100yds.jpg

To watch my cheesy video.... click on the link below

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ ... ubonds.flv

enigma

Nice shooting! You have yourself a great thumper for most anything.
You also have a nice setup too.

JD338

Thanks JD338. I sure like the way my moose thunder stick groups with the Accubonds. I shot two bull moose with 270gr failsafe's and can not wait to use the Accubonds on deer, bear, moose!

By the way, how does one get to get the pictures to appear on the same page?

Cheers,

Maurice

Thanks for the link JD338... I finally figured out how to post pictures :grin:

enigma":214tx3c4 said:
Thanks for the link JD338... I finally figured out how to post pictures :grin:

Well send em!
We like to see pictures. :grin:

JD338

Very nice! John Barness used the same setup for cape buff successfully.

I love it! Fantastic pictures and the video is great. Animals beware! Thanks for the Nosler manual plug. Yes, I did notice even though it was subtle. :grin:

I used that bullet for moose last year, and it works.

But I have lost my notes and cant remember where I got the data from, anyone able to help with data for the 260 AccuBond and Vihtavuori 550 with remington magnum primers?

Back