375 H&H 300gr swift a-frame (updated)

Lou,

Looking forward to your test results.

JD338

JD338":f99zz1sn said:
Lou,

JD338

Jim and Scotty, me too :grin: ..I'm guessing 7 jugs for the AccuBond, and oh maybe 8 jugs for the Partition?...I can't wait to see that big 300gr Partition tear up the jugs, it should retain some good weight along with that long shank, the AccuBond should do well too, don't ask me why, but I much prefer the Partition over the AccuBond :shock: ..They both well knock the snot outta any big game animal with authority! :wink:

Lou :)

All that milk you had to drink will make for strong bones. That means you'll have several exciting hunts this fall. Right? Looking forward to your data, Lou.

DrMike":2ivduxji said:
All that milk you had to drink will make for strong bones. That means you'll have several exciting hunts this fall. Right? Looking forward to your data, Lou.

Thanks Mike :) ...I like doing these test's, it's alot of fun seeing how well these bullets hold up at close range and under severe stress. In todays world, it's so hard choosing the right bullet for the intended game because of so many great choices out there from Nosler,Swift,Barnes,Woodleigh, Norma,Northfork etc,the list goes on and on 8) ..we are fortunate to have so many options in our bullet of choice, after all, the loaded ammo is the cheapest expence of any hunting trip :)

Lou

You aren't kidding about that Lou. We live in great times to have such awesome bullets available for the little amount of money we pay for them.

Sako 85":3ie5sd65 said:
JD338":3ie5sd65 said:
Lou,

JD338

Jim and Scotty, me too :grin: ..I'm guessing 7 jugs for the AccuBond, and oh maybe 8 jugs for the Partition?...I can't wait to see that big 300gr Partition tear up the jugs, it should retain some good weight along with that long shank, the AccuBond should do well too, don't ask me why, but I much prefer the Partition over the AccuBond :shock: ..They both well knock the snot outta any big game animal with authority! :wink:

Lou :)

Lou, yes, I recovered the 260 AccuBond from the 7th jug, fired from the .375 H&H at 20 yards, 2650 fps mv.

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16514

Not surprisingly it's also performed real well on black bear, the only game I've used it on.

Never have gotten around to testing the 300 gr Partition...

Looking forward to your results!

Guy

That 260 AB would be a pretty slick one for all around hunting like your using the H&H with Guy. That is a pretty impressive bullet.

This bullet testing stuff is too much fun!

Bottom line is that even 260 grains from a 375 H&H is a lot of mass on target. There is nothing in NA that will stand up to the energy delivered. Three hundred grain bullets launched from that rifle has to be smashing.

SJB358":g29fmqmj said:
This bullet testing stuff is too much fun!

+1 Scotty, I am addicted.

I've killed a lot of jugs this week.
IMAG3019.jpg

Nice work fellas. We appreciate the time and effort!

JD338

Back