375 RUGER

I've only shot one 338Win Mag but the cartridge does intrigue me. Worked with a guy who deer hunts with one just because he likes it. So it seems to fit the bill for different folks for different reasons. Same for the 375. As stated if you want one, go for it. Dan.

Vince, I've had three of the darn things... I think it's got enough legs under it to stay around a while, especially considering sales number of anything over .30 drops off considerably so the expectation of high volume was never on the maker's radar.

Mine all shot reasonably to very well. The first one I got in 2007 would put three 300gr factory rounds touching at 100 yards. Hard not to like that. It flattened moose and caribou with ease. I didn't think recoil was awful, but neck issues had me moving off most of my heavy hitters, including the 375RUG.

I'd own another for what it's worth.

speaking of recoil ;
when the WSM cartridges hit the market , I had an itch for a 325 wsm . I went to a local gun shop to check one out . while I was checking one over , I asked the salesman about the recoil . I had read in a magazine the recoil on the 325 wsm was mild , this added to my attraction . the salesman answered me , I read the same thing about the recoil . we had this demo 325 out shooting, none of us had to open the bolt to see if it went off .

Simple; she and I were in the same gun store on the same day and the price was something I couldn't pass on. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I couldn't afford to buy ammo for it:oops:.

Made me think of a fellow long ago who swapped his 340 Duster for a 440 six-pack (a Coronet I think?) and was pleased as punch until about the third tank of gas he bought for that beast of a car... :)

Guy

Why would you modify the quote and call him an idiot? We have nice and helpful people on this forum, I rarely see anyone who act so eristic like you. It don't seem you are contributing to the forum with constructive responses, you can either quit your crass remarks or find a forum that suits you perfectly. Your previous posts explains it all. Gosh sakes.
2ktNH3M.jpg

Why would you modify the quote and call him an idiot? We have nice and helpful people on this forum, I rarely see anyone who act so eristic like you. It don't seem you are contributing to the forum with constructive responses, you can either quit your crass remarks or find a forum that suits you perfectly. Your previous posts explains it all. Gosh sakes.
2ktNH3M.jpg

Let me guess, you love your Maggies too, even though you haven't the first understanding of pressure, seating depth, etc. But you're a fountain of knowledge.

Carry on fellas...

JD338
I didn’t mean to cause such a tiff but some of this person’s comments rubbed me the wrong way so I responded in a manner I don’t usually do. I reserve those type of comments for the appropriate occasion.

Thank you JD for cleaning up my mess and thank you for the support from my fellow forum members.

Vince

Vince,
No apologies needed, it's not your mess. You asked very valid questions like we all do.
We have a wonderful resource base here for all to engage with.
Personal attacks don't fly here.

FWIW, I have a 375 H&H on order. I'm certain it will account for a few crop damage deer this summer while on "Safari" at the farm. 😁

JD338

Vince,
No apologies needed, it's not your mess. You asked very valid questions like we all do.
We have a wonderful resource base here for all to engage with.
Personal attacks don't fly here.

FWIW, I have a 375 H&H on order. I'm certain it will account for a few crop damage deer this summer while on "Safari" at the farm. 😁

JD338
I like it Jim. I hardly need an excuse to use a bigger rifle. Heck I have a 375 Improved and 458 Win. Biggest thing they’ve hunted is whitetail, but they are fun to use.

I like it Jim. I hardly need an excuse to use a bigger rifle. Heck I have a 375 Improved and 458 Win. Biggest thing they’ve hunted is whitetail, but they are fun to use.
It's like playing poker and go all in,,,,just go all in and use the big guns. Awesome. ;) If I was living where there are mostly bears, moose and elk I would surely get those big bores. The biggest I have currently is the 300 Win Mag

Last edited:
Back