375 Ruger

Vince2

Handloader
Jan 21, 2022
I’m hoping someone from Nosler reads this and they introduce a 375 Ruger load.

I’d love to see a 375 Ruger ballistic tip for antelope and deer. Since the 375 Ruger, and H&H, are so versatile I’d like to see more options for those of us not set up to reload.

I used to reload but now that I’m living in a one bedroom apartment, with my belongings crammed in there, I’m not set up to load more than magazines.

I know they are busy producing their own caliber rifles but I think they should also look at this one. Granted it won’t sell as well as the .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, or the .223 Remington but a one a year, or even every two year, run would be nice. Give Hornady, Barnes, and Double Tap a little competition.

Vince

Superb, Vince. I have no doubt you will find this cartridge to be a joy to shoot. I know that the ones I have shot were a pleasant surprise.

I am using the 260 gr AB in my 376 Steyr with good results on elk and bison so far.
Good expansion and penetration on these large animals with a muzzle velocity of 2632 fps.
I wouldn't hesitate to use this load on deer, moose and black bear too. Should provide clean kills and little bloodshot meat like the 338 Win Mag with 225-250 gr ammo does on whitetails.

When Hornady introduced the 376 Steyr ammo in both a 225 and 270 gr load at the same velocity, the thought was that the light load would be used on lighter game, and the heavy on larger and/or dangerous game, providing the same poi for both loads.

Would be interesting to see Nosler do something similar with the 375 Ruger ammunition.

I shot my LH Ruger 375 Guide Gun at 300yds regularly. That rifle really shoots well right out of the box. It did the job on my buffalo with 260gr Partitions. I never considered using it on whitetails. Maybe a 375 Creed but not a 375 Ruger. :ROFLMAO:

I use to shoot 250gr Sierra's out of my 375-358STA at 3080fps. I killed a lot of stuff with that gun. I'm probably going to build a 37-28 Nosler before too long. I have a McMillan A-3 sporter with a wood dip and I'll have a carbon wrapped Brux barrel pretty soon. The nearly .300" shorter case with roughly the same capacity is why I'm going with the 37-28 Nosler.

I use to shoot 250gr Sierra's out of my 375-358STA at 3080fps. I killed a lot of stuff with that gun. I'm probably going to build a 37-28 Nosler before too long. I have a McMillan A-3 sporter with a wood dip and I'll have a carbon wrapped Brux barrel pretty soon. The nearly .300" shorter case with roughly the same capacity is why I'm going with the 37-28 Nosler.
Please share your results.

So that's pretty close to a .375 Weatherby or JRS, right?

They are all within a few grains of each other, including the 375-28 Nosler. The 375-28 is a couple grains more capacity than the belt mag cases.

Back