45* offset reflex sight

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I picked up a Bushnell RXS100 reflex sight and a 45* offset picatinny mount for the AR I use for hogs. Up close, point blank to about 10 yards, the parallax is pretty bad, but from 25 to 100 yards it’s almost zero parallax error. It’s probably a 3 MOA dot, but I imagine that’s fine for running hogs. It works really well picking up close targets with the red/green predator light, too. I also like the battery door is on the side, so it doesn’t have to be removed to replace the battery. All in all for $100 it’s a great little sight. I learned my lesson buying the cheapo Chinese reflex sights. They are useless. I find a SOPMOD type stock makes a better option for check weld when you cock the rifle 45* to use the sight. The scope is a Monstrum compact fixed 4x with a fantastic reticle.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 10
Have that on a bolt action for close encounters if I don't have my 1-8 scope on the rifle.
Takes a bit of getting used to, but it works!

Have that on a bolt action for close encounters if I don't have my 1-8 scope on the rifle.
Takes a bit of getting used to, but it works!
It works well, but not sure I would want it on any caliber much larger. The recoil gets your attention when the rifle is canted 45* 😂

It works well, but not sure I would want it on any caliber much larger. The recoil gets your attention when the rifle is canted 45* 😂
Either I am too numb to feel anything (my Exes will probably agree) or the Tikka varmint stainless with a24 inch barrel is simply docile.
Your choice ;-)

Back