.500, .44 mag, 5.56, .30-30 and .375 afternoon

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
What a great afternoon. Four of us guys got together and enjoyed a great, snowy, cold, afternoon at the range!

I brought a few guns, and a lot of ammo, and we had a blast! (y)

All shooting was from offhand - standing - who the heck wants to lay down in prone in the snow?

Went through about 20 rounds of .500 S&W, 30 of .44 mag, 20 of the .30-30, 120 rounds of 5.56, and a dozen rounds of 300 gr .375 H&H. It was a great afternoon!

Guy

Sounds like fun! Glad your neck is healed up and you are able to shoot the big bore.

JD338

Sounds as if it was, indeed, a great day. With JD338, I'm grateful you are able to shoot the big boys again.

Sounds like a BLAST, literally. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out with the .375 Ruger Number One again today. Put about a dozen rounds of full-power 300 grain soft points downrange.

Thoroughly enjoyed.

I think this is the Ruger's last range trip with a scope for quite a while. going to pirate that 1.5-5x Leupold, and put it in QR rings on the .375 Win Model 70. Time to start getting good with that rifle!

Guy

Guy Miner":1z0k2h3k said:
Got out with the .375 Ruger Number One again today. Put about a dozen rounds of full-power 300 grain soft points downrange.

Thoroughly enjoyed.

I think this is the Ruger's last range trip with a scope for quite a while. going to pirate that 1.5-5x Leupold, and put it in QR rings on the .375 Win Model 70. Time to start getting good with that rifle!

Guy

Looking forward to hearing how the M70 big bore shoots.

JD338

Guy I sure want to see that custom model 70 in action! It is your duty/responsibility to keep us all satisfied gosh darn it so get to it!

Between now and Alaska (Sept 2017) I have plans of going for three "big game" animals: black bear here in Washington, mule deer and pronghorn in Wyoming. Maybe deer or elk here in Washington as well.

In order to get more field time & experience with the Model 70, before the grizzly hunt (seems prudent) am considering using that rifle on all three... :grin:

If Fotis can clobber antelope with a .416 or whatever that cannon was... I ought to be able to use my .375 H&H... :mrgreen:

Guy

Back