6.5-06

Cabela's had their Euro Instinct 3-9x40 ext reticles on sale for $250. That's a good deal on a Meopta made scope. The were out at the store near me, but still online. Don't know if they are still on sale.

It's practical and simple to neck up 25-06 brass for loading! It has exceptional ballistics and not a lot of recoil. You can use it from coyotes on up to elk and moose without any worries. All of this and it has 06 on the end of it. Nothing bad can come from that!!

Love it WT! I think you're going to like it a lot. So many good bullets and you won't need any special powders to make it crank.

I bet it is going to shoot like crazy too Matt. Can't wait to see it.

Dwh7271":tkdlugxg said:
Ok. All the following are my opinion. Great cartridge choice. One of my favorites. I have 2. One Ackleyed.
First, 8 twist, 26".
Second, 25-06 brass necked up. Only .007 difference. Easy to do, no trimming necessary. You neck down you may have to trim.
Pretty terrific BCs on the heavier 6.5 bullets too.
I shoot 140 ABs in one, 130 Sciroccos in the other.
You'll see 2920-60 out of the regular w 140s and a little work, 3050 and maybe a little w 130s.
My 6.5-06 AI is a Pac-Nor 26" #3 on a 98 (VZ24)action. Good barrel.
You're going to want the 26 as you'll get a little extra out of some slow burners IMO. Let's it show off a little for you. :lol:
It's an easy cartridge to work with and mine are very accurate.
For reference, the 6.5-284 and 6.5-06 are pretty much ballistically twins so what people are seeing w 6.5-284 you can pretty much do with the 6.5-06. I've heard the 6.5-06 is a little easier on barrels but haven't burned either out yet so can't verify that.
Feel free to pm me if you need anything else.

I am absolutely shocked that you have one of these Dewey LOL Well, several, different, one of these, regardless of whatever, one of these. love it !

WT, best of luck, I am sure this will be your first of many

I am absolutely shocked that you have one of these Dewey LOL Well, several, different, one of these, regardless of whatever, one of these. love it !
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Yeah, imagine that.

Back