6.5 accubonds

Oh well! I will take a 130. We have the 129 Hornady SP for data.....

A .264 AccuBond - any weight- is good news. I was hoping I would be able to shoot something besides a 140 SST or the 120 BT, both good hunting bullets. A 140 would be my preference in my Swede but I see many would like the lighter stuff so a 130 is a nice compromise.

Thanks Nosler!

Klikitarik":5thn4tv8 said:
A .264 AccuBond - any weight- is good news. I was hoping I would be able to shoot something besides a 140 SST or the 120 BT, both good hunting bullets. A 140 would be my preference in my Swede but I see many would like the lighter stuff so a 130 is a nice compromise.

Thanks Nosler!

If I can speak out for European 6.5 Hunters, I'd say something in the 115-125 grs. range would be great, as the 6.5 is mainly considered for Roe deer and Chamois and a flatter trajectory is always very welcome.

As an example, RWS offers a 93 grs. SP and a 107 grs. KS in the 6,5x57R (widely used "alpine" caliber).

AccuBond in this caliber is very good news, anyway!

Cheers :wink:

Almost bought a Steyr Mann in 6.5x68S when I was stationed in Germany. I wish I would have!

a 6.5 AccuBond is great news! I expected it to be a 130 gr, leaves a bit of room between the 125 gr and 140 gr Partitions, and should knock the Hornady 129 gr SP off my reloading room shelf. Hope they come out soon! I may have to make a trip to Bend later this summer and see if begging in person helps to make it available sooner!

I might be able to drive a 130g bullet fast enough out of my 6.5x55 to need a bonded one - maybe. It is not a 264 Win Mag. The question is whether I'll pay over twice the price for its marginal advantage, and I don't think so. I would pay for 120g bullets' velocity advantage, but since I haven't bought the Swift Scirocco II 130g either, I think that's already answered. For me, Nosler missed the boat on this one by copying Swift. I'll likely stay with my fantastically accurate, very effective, and extraordinarily cheap, Hornady 129 SP Interlocks, the least expensive "premium" on the market.

Jaywalker

Jaywalker":34qj99nt said:
I might be able to drive a 130g bullet fast enough out of my 6.5x55 to need a bonded one - maybe. It is not a 264 Win Mag. The question is whether I'll pay over twice the price for its marginal advantage, and I don't think so. I would pay for 120g bullets' velocity advantage, but since I haven't bought the Swift Scirocco II 130g either, I think that's already answered. For me, Nosler missed the boat on this one by copying Swift. I'll likely stay with my fantastically accurate, very effective, and extraordinarily cheap, Hornaday 129 SP Interlocks, the least expensive "premium" on the market.

Jaywalker

That may not be a bad idea.

If Nosler decides not to stay within the 115-120 grs., I might be very tempted to follow these steps and go with Hornady 129 SP (a very honest, accurate and "freezer filler" bullet).
If my choice wasn't Hornady and the price for 6.5 AccuBond will be similar to RWS KS bullet (especially designed for long head space chambers like my 6.5x57R caliber) then I would definitely choose the 108 grs. German one.

Not a threat - just my straight out of mouth opinion.

Cheers

Maybe what we need is a 115 grain AccuBond coming out of the 260 Rem, or 6.5 x 55. Flat trajectory, and hard enough hitting. I believe I can get a 120 grain moving at 2950 fps out of my 23 inch barreled Steyr 260 Rem. That would make for a great hunting configuration.

Back