6.5 Creedmoor build

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Sent my order to have a 6.5 Creedmoor Crusader built by GA Precision with their V2 Templar action and 1:8 twist in 26 inch barrel. I am seeking feedback / results / loads from anyone who had the 6.5 Creed built by GAP and how did the rifle work for you?

Good choice and it will shoot better then you. Loads, depends on what bullets you want to run. I'm running 140 VLD's. Standard powder is H4350

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Sounds like a really great build, I haven't taken the plunge to the Creedmoor yet. I'm liking the idea of the 6mm version though better than the 6.5mm.

Sounds like an interesting build and should be a great shooter.

Was reading up on the new 257 Wildcat; the Creedmoor simply necked down to 25 caliber, and produces velocities just a hair more than ths 250AI.

Blkram":2sduia2v said:
Sounds like an interesting build and should be a great shooter.

Was reading up on the new 257 Wildcat; the Creedmoor simply necked down to 25 caliber, and produces velocities just a hair more than ths 250AI.

A .257 Creedmoor is basically a .250 AI, you can form Creedmoor cases from .250 Savage brass.

I like that idea too but since I have two 500 count boxes of Bergers , 130 and 140 grain VLD, 500 bullets of 130 and 140 OTM and two boxes of Sierra MK , 142 and 123 grains, so I chose the 6.5 Creed to use along with my 6.5 x 284. Maybe next time I'll get the 6 Creed. I hear it shoots great with the DTAC 115 grain 6mm.

One of my magazines just had an article on the 6 mm Creedmoor. Hornady is now loading for it. 100-200 fps faster than a 243. As I have a 243 and don't compete,. I'll pass on the 6, but I really would like to try the 6.5 Creedmoor.

BretN":27skelgh said:
One of my magazines just had an article on the 6 mm Creedmoor. Hornady is now loading for it. 100-200 fps faster than a 243. As I have a 243 and don't compete,. I'll pass on the 6, but I really would like to try the 6.5 Creedmoor.

And I would hope you get the chance to try the cartridge. It can be a delight to shoot, putting a grin on your chin.

I have been contemplating between the 6.5 & the 6mm for some time now. I am just not sure about more toys as I am not spending a lot of time with the ones I already have :( .
Right now I am attempting to become licensed with the ACOP and trust me it is tough to teach a Old Dog new tricks :shock:.

Blessings,
Dan

Don't know why you want to be licenced as a cop (ACOP) Dan; just go out to Depot and run through the drills with the boys and girls out there. :mrgreen:

Dan, you're still young. Of course you need more toys. Life's too short to hunt with only two rifles. (y)

No need to thank me, buddy. That's why I'm here--to help you spend your money. :lol:

Just what I need is encouragement from the good Doctor :wink:. I was thinking at this time of day you would be preparing for your Sermon which will happen in a couple of hours :wink:.
Hope things are going well in the north eastern part of British Columbia (y).
Blessings,
Dan

On my way out the door now, Dan; been up and going for about five hours already. Time to prepare for taping. Morning broadcasts are finished; now, to go to work. Enjoying the beautiful northern BC weather. Couldn't pass up an opportunity to encourage you to do another build.

Back