6.5 Creedmoor Savage 10 predator Max-1

375ultra

Beginner
Dec 24, 2010
I worked up a load this morning using reloader 17 powder and 140 a-max bullet. Started at 38 grains up to 46 grains. 38.0 grains 2560 fps, 40.0 grains 2605 fps, 42.0 grains 2780 fps, 42.5 grains is the max book load, 43.0 grains 2865 fps primers started to flaten, 44.0 grains 2930 fps, 45.0 grains 2980 fps, 46.0 grains 3064 fps and blew the primer and was the first heavy bolt lift. Hornady brass cci-250 mag primers and a 24" barrel. 100 yards.

Attachments

• 1112141025.jpg
    1112141025.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,757
Looks as if you may have a shooter on your hands. That is looking good, to be sure.

Nice gun, I have the lefty version of yours but in 260 Rem, they are definitely tackdrivers. That 43 gr load certainly is moving out pretty fast and accuracy looks good.

A lot of Remington guys will trash talk Savage. Everybody that has a Savage knows it's because they are jealous of the accuracy out of the box! I've had some nice Remington rifles and we all know they can shoot....but I'll take a bone stock Savage any day over a bone stock Remington. Your odds of getting an accurate rifle are much better with Savage IMO.

...I'm right @ 2900fps w/ 43grs. of RL-17 behind the 140gr. A-Max, Browning Long Range Hunter w/ a 26" barrel...

...200yds...

I've really got to do some work with RL17 in my Creedmoor. Hunter works pretty well, but that itch to try something like else is there.

desertcj":3q2oolp7 said:
A lot of Remington guys will trash talk Savage. Everybody that has a Savage knows it's because they are jealous of the accuracy out of the box! I've had some nice Remington rifles and we all know they can shoot....but I'll take a bone stock Savage any day over a bone stock Remington. Your odds of getting an accurate rifle are much better with Savage IMO.
I also have a remington 700 sendaro in 375 tejas and I have shot a 3 shot group of 2.5" at 959 yards and shot a crow from a tree at 1383 yards. I'm not prejudice, I love them all.

Nice! I like that 6.5 Creedmoor!

375 Ultra - you should attend the Nationals, either Benchrest or NRA Highpower. I'm sure you'd win with accuracy like that!

Regards, Guy

Very nice! 375 Ultra, what is your distance to the lands in your Max 1?

I just picked up my Max 1 this weekend and I am started to gather the data for loading it. This is my first time loading with Hornady rifle bullets- I have and never had this much trouble getting the distance to lands measurement. I went through nearly the whole box (123gr) before I found a bullet that would give me a semi-consistent 10 measurements. Using the Hornady oal gauge, the same bullet would swing from 2.250 down to 2.085... I started to wonder if I got a bad barrel and its the freebore is cut tight, or if the lands are cut at a steep slope and it is inconsistency in bullet diameter. LGS didn't have any other 123's to verify.

Anyway, I ended up with an average of 2.231-0. Just wondering what yours is.

I don't know what a Remington sendaro is but if it shoots like that, I want one. A crow at that range you must have some super vision.

Man, it's hard to find a 6.5 CM that someone hasn't shot little bitty groups with..

Back