6,5mm Bee is here and scoped

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
The 6.5 Bee with SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope. Custom shop Accumark. Range certified. Acoustical Target is below signed by Ed Wby and it is .40" at 100 yards with 127 Barnes LRX at 3560.

Should be a most interesting cartridge. Good looking rifle, Fotis.

I will be starting with 130 Accubonds and RL33

Nice rifle and scope congratulations

what is the recoil velocity and energy Fotis---thank you

Brooke

maybe you can just give me an idea if your not sure, like it recoils like a "---"

7mm mag the way it sits Brooke

I couldn't find the specs on Weatherby website. What twist does that bad boy barrel have? I'd probably be thinking of the heavier 140 - 142 range, but that's just me. :mrgreen:

It's going to shoot like a lightning bolt either way. 8)

1:8 !!!! in the twist

I will try the heavies also but this is what I have on hand :mrgreen:

First----Congratulations Fotis, that is a very nice rifle. I am only guessing but if it is at zero at 200, I bet your drop will be around 6 inches at 400.

Brooke, I know what you are thinking. The 140 gr A Frame ammo that Weatherby is selling would make an excellent sheep and goat gun/cartridge. The recoil is still less than your 300 H & H. BTW the Weatherby loaded ammo is expensive but they usually load their stuff to match what can be accomplished by a do it yourself reloader or close. Also, this rifle will have naysayers about burning out the barrel--ignore them.

As some of you other older folks know, Roy came up with this idea years ago, but the timing was not right and now it is, they should sell a bunch of them

I believe the 140 A frame is a great medium range Elk, Moose load due to its brick-like BC.

I truly believe the 140 AccuBond at 3350-3400 fps will be the cat's buttocks for every situation.

The 142 LRAB does not hold up well for me so far.

That's a gorgeous piece of weaponry Fotis!
The 140 AccuBond is the Bee's Knee's for any large game animal at that velocity and any 6.5mm round.
I'm thinking the recoil should be a tad less than around a 7mm Mag.
Do some great shooting!
I noticed you have the same scope level in the background as I do [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]!

Sent from mTalk

Fotis, you are right, however I only shoot medium range and the A Frames spoiled me when hunting Africa--so when I looked at the three offerings Weatherby has for loaded ammo, I went straight to the 140 AFrame lol

Hawkeyestax, your first post was a good one-welcome. Actually you agreed with Fotis and not me, so it wasn't a perfect first post lol

Hi FOTIS, I am looking forward to your range reports.

The 6.5 Creedmoor has had me interested for years, the 26 Nosler started an itch and now Weatherby has created a serious rash I might have to treat with a duplicate of your Accumark. Too bad they will not let this on the silhouette range, but I know of other places to shoot out to 1000 yards....

Congratulations

Fotis, looks like an awesome rig. She should shoot flat as road kill. It will be a laser beam on speed goats.

Congratulations buddy.

JD338

Europe":1qu55j7g said:
Fotis, you are right, however I only shoot medium range and the A Frames spoiled me when hunting Africa--so when I looked at the three offerings Weatherby has for loaded ammo, I went straight to the 140 AFrame lol

Hawkeyestax, your first post was a good one-welcome. Actually you agreed with Fotis and not me, so it wasn't a aww rt perfect first post lol

Thank you, I think, Europe![emoji848]
[emoji848] LOL
I'm sure the Swift A-Frame will work just as well. I know Fotis likes Nosler, as I do.

Sent from mTalk

Fotis that is a sweet looking rig, congrats. Can't wait to see range results.

Back