6.5WSM

There should be another 6.5WSM shooter on deck here in a few weeks. I am looking forward to hearing how it shoots for him. Seems like a very impressive cartridge in all respects. Scotty

No word on mine yet, but I expect something in the next couple weeks.

cwby - have you tried any other powder besides Retumbo? Good info on the standard vs. magnum primers. Mine will be a 26" barrel screwed on a Winchester action, so it will be interesting to see what my seating depth will end up at compared to you. What is the twist rate in your barrel?

I have not tried any other powders. I have had so little time to play with this gun, but hope to do more in the future. My barrel is 26" with an 8 twist. The throat is quite short on mine, I actually have more room in the magazine than I can use.

Thanks for the info...mine is coming in a 8.5 twist. That was the barrel maker's suggestion when I told him what I was going to shoot for bullets. The smith doing the work said he has done some with a 9 twist and not had any problems stabalizing the longer bullets.

I am going to start with R22 and the new Super Performance powder from Hodgen to see what results look like. I have 130 AB's and 140 VLD's to play with.

257 Ackley what part of MN are you from? I spent the first 41 years of my life there.

Man, we need a picture of the cartridge loaded up! I can imagine what it looks like, but shoot, pictures are way better! Scotty

Back