6.5x47, Wow!

1000yardline

Beginner
Sep 13, 2014
Shot my 6.5 for the first time today. It was a scramble, mounted the scope last night, bore sighted on the line of fire (had a range improvement day, a few of us stayed to shoot after), took three shots to hit the X ring with the 130's at 600. They grouped about 4". I then tried 40grs h4350, 15 thou off the lands with 140 hybrids, and this was the result. I'm thrilled! Never done load work up at 600 yds before, but, I think I might have found my load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,302
That is definitely in bragging territory. You've don't well.

Thanks fellas! I'm stoked! Really liking the rifle so far. The app is called Ballistic, it does use JBM's ballistic solver. I like all the features, but I use bulletflight M for hunting and matches, interface is just better in my opinion. Both are within .1-.2 inches of each other, in outputs, and both are spot on if fed good info.

Loaded up a bunch more of the 140's tonight, can't wait to shoot them at 100 and see how they do then stretch them out to distance. Thoughts on velocity from a 26" tube? 2,750-2,800?

If Ya use Ballistic for grouping pictures tell me where it's hiding as I have had it for years and not seen it? Or is it in Bullet M app?

HOGWILD338-378":22rbxzur said:
If Ya use Ballistic for grouping pictures tell me where it's hiding as I have had it for years and not seen it? Or is it in Bullet M app?

It is Ballistic that I can do group measuring with. It came out with the latest update, so update your app. Then go to target, hit the plus sign, add in a pic, scale the target and it will give you info on groups. I just discovered this a few weeks ago after I updates the app.

Thanks for the info as I have it on my phone and iPad both and tried finding it earlier today but could not find it? Not unusual for an aircraft mechanic! All fingers :) just have not hit the rite buttons yet ! Got it figured out somewhat and appreciate the help that is so neat ! Was going to download some other programs a while back but glad now I did not! Can't wait to use that feature NICE :mrgreen: thanks again! :grin:

You should like that rifle ! What kinda rifle Ya shooting ? :grin:

Is the app only for Apple? I can't find it for my Android, was looking for one that allowed me to plot targets.

Nicely done! That is a bragging size group for sure. Congratulations.

JD338

The app was 10 bucks when I bought it a few years ago. Not sure what it costs now.

Rifle was built by s&s precision. Remington 700, Krieger barrel, McMillan stock, Jewell trigger, Nikon 6.5-20x44mm. Pretty happy with it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,133
Definitely looks all business. obviously, it gets the job done with aplomb. It is always a joy to own a rifle that shines like that.

taylorce1":139orqlr said:
Is the app only for Apple? I can't find it for my Android, was looking for one that allowed me to plot targets.

+1 on above please

FAQ
Do you plan to make Ballistic available on Android / Blackberry / Windows / etc?
We don't have any current plans to expand Ballistic beyond iOS. Sorry.

Great looking rifle and excellent shooting.
Shot against Stick and his crew a few times, they build 'em to win matches that's for sure.

Back