6 BR Norma

Yep, I'm looking at one as well. What reticle? They are only showing three options on their website.

Joel, I'm not too crazy about their reticle choices on their competition model. I really like the MOAR reticle and it's not offered in the competition.

I was hopinng they would offer the 2DD reticle, but will have to settle for the DDR if I go with the competition model. Have you looked at the ATACR model they have? It is offered with the MOAR reticle. I haven't heard if NF has upgraded the optics in the NXS models, but one of them will always be a decent option.

Everyone that is really into FFP scopes seems to be lathered up about the BEAST, but it is out of my league for pricing and apllication.
Cheers,
Joel

I don't think I can justify owning the BEAST or S&B or USO for that matter. The SFP NXS is as far as I will go. :(

Hi Desert Fox,

Looking good. What kind of barrel are you using? Also, I have looking for a good gun smith in the LA area. Can you pass his contact info.

Thanks,

Larry

Mud, I'm using Brux.

I know of two smith that I'm using. One is more of a general gunsmith and the other is into Tactical and Benchrest smithing.
Depending on what you have in mind, You can contact Jim Gruning of Gruning Precision.

http://www.gruningprecision.com

onesonek":3kfv5ve2 said:
I like it, looking forward to seeing the finished!
The smith told me that it will be here any minute now. I have all the component to start load development. Took measurement today.

Bullet:

105 grain - 6MM Berger Target Match VLD
OAL: 1.221"
Diameter: .243"
Weight: 104.9 grain
G7 BC: .251

105 Grain - 6MM Hornady A-Max
OAL: 1.228"
Diameter: .243"
Weight: 104.7 grain
G7 BC: .248

6BR Lapua Brass
OAL: 1.554"
Weight: 126.3 grain
Neck Diameter: .266"
Neck Wall Thickness: .0129"

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

Very cool DF. I have recently started shooting the 105 AMax's in my 243. Very accurate bullets. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Hope the A-max works for you DF. The 6BR I was shooting last year didn't like them at all. I never did get a group smaller than .8250 with them, where the VLD and Sierra 107 SMK would do .25 or better most days. I think some of it depends on how the reamer was made for the chamber.

I bought a box of 105 VLD hybrids to try in the new one being built right now. I could never seem to find a box of them locally last year and the 107 SMK was shooting well enough to not need to test other bullets. The new rifle was supposed to be here a month ago and still isn't finished yet :evil: . We have a "cold finger" shoot coming up in 2 weeks and it won't be ready for that, even if I get it this week. Load work will take at least 2 weeks if the weather warms up to the 40's. At least now I have a 400 yard range to shoot at and test the bullets past 200 yards to see how they perform at longer distances. We start our first matches in April here, so all is not lost since the 6.5X47 is pretty well dialed in.

Just informed by Jim yesterday that the barreled action can be pick up Sunday. I still need to bed the stock and cerakote the barreled action afterwards.

Desert Fox":14ngl9gv said:
Just informed by Jim yesterday that the barreled action can be pick up Sunday. I still need to bed the stock and cerakote the barreled action afterwards.

I'm quite certain we'll all be eager to see what you have, Rommel. Anticipation has to be great, for you.

Desert Fox":1pvq02m8 said:

Give us a before and after paint pics...! What made you decide to do the bedding yourself instead of the smith? Really looking forward to seeing this project.

Give us a before and after paint pics...! What made you decide to do the bedding yourself instead of the smith? Really looking forward to seeing this project.

My smith is really busy. If I have him do the complete build, I'll probably have to wait a year. Not only it saves me time, it saves me serious dough as well. Besides, I can do pretty much everything except chambering.

By the way, I dig the finish of your 6.5-47, especially the barrel. I will probably Duracote mine the same way.

Desert Fox":ouemq39k said:

My smith is really busy. If I have him do the complete build, I'll probably have to wait a year. Not only it saves me time, it saves me serious dough as well. Besides, I can do pretty much everything except chambering.

Nice...I have bedded a few wood stocks, but have never tried a fiberglass/laminate stock when it comes to inletting and bedding. Not sure if I trust myself with a dremmel tool on a $500 plus stock :roll: . I know my gunsmith did the painting in a couple steps to get the look it has. Good luck with the painting!!

Back