6mm it is!

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
well here it is January 1 and mama is still preggo so it looks like the boy will cut his teeth on a 700 cdlsf 6mm ltd edition.

So maybe I Will have to throw a synthetic stock on it and use it for a while myself! He wont need it for a couple years

Well, of course, we'd all expect you to ensure that it shoots well and has an appropriate load worked up! :grin:

DrMike":2kyz9f9t said:
Well, of course, we'd all expect you to ensure that it shoots well and has an appropriate load worked up! :grin:

Man, we are running down the same track again Mike! Scotty

Dang, nitis, I'm amazed at how similar our tastes are. I WILL have one of them!

sounds like a good plan.
And you will have a few years for load development too. :mrgreen:

JD338

So maybe I Will have to throw a synthetic stock on it and use it for a while myself! He wont need it for a couple years

I am kind of thinking it might be more than two. Its been a long time since I had a new one (thank goodness) but I think two years is a bit optomistic!!!!! Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your right that is a bit optimistic even though my daughter who was 2 mos premie is now 2.5 and in the 90th percentile for height and weight and looks and acts like she is headed for Kindergarten.

Anyways Pop is killing me with that 25.06 I have never been a 6mm fan I just always thought they were a little small even though they are capable

It sounds like a great caliber and I gotta love the SF barrels on those Remingtons.

Don't wear it out before he comes of age :lol:

Long

My wife still doesn't understand this. I guy/gun nut, can't hand over a rifle to a loved one that doesn't shoot up to his expectations. You HAVE to get it and make sure it shoots good. You don't want him to be scared with a faulty first rifle!

Congrats! Hope all works out well.

I know all about the premi babies, my oldest daughter was 6 weeks early and only weighed 4 lbs. She was in ICU for 10 days. I could hold her in my open hand but I was scared to death of her! 23 yrs later, she is all grown up.....
IMG_0356.jpg

She took over my M700 Classic 257 Roberts too! :grin:

JD338

Heart warming, Jim. Modern medicine is simply miraculous in many instances.

Thats awesome Jim. I would give up any rifles/shotguns or whatever to my kids also. Scotty

Back