#7 IS IN MY HANDS!

You aren't kidding Mike. I love the new Nosler Manual! It is the best I have seen so far. I have been slowly diving through it, but it is really good so far. Very happy with it.

I am looking forward to the Hornady as well. They usually put out great info as well.

I was a little put off that my beloved .358 Winchester and 9.3X64 Brenneke are banished to the appendix, which means no new work was done with them. On the other hand, they are still included. In the Hornady Manual, they've now included my beloved .356 Winchester and .307 Winchester--the FTX is giving each of them new life in the eyes of Hornady's decision makers. I may have to do some work with these bullets. Hornady still have the 8X68 included, and it is a cartridge I'm considering for a build.

FOTIS":3kid6njg said:
DARN! OK God Bless quickload!

+1

QL will still get lots of use in my house, and updates as often as they are released.

Kodiak":v1ogvs4o said:
Mike,

Enjoy :mrgreen:

UPDATE; Rcv'd letter today, thanks,

Old Jim

Wow! The mail really moved fast. It is not unusual for that to require as much as two to three weeks. Thanks, again.

I didn't notice that Mike, but overall, it is a great manual. They do the 35 Whelen up pretty well.

SJB358":3i029ev2 said:
I didn't notice that Mike, but overall, it is a great manual. They do the 35 Whelen up pretty well.

What I've seen justifies the expenditure. Anyone loading Nosler bullets would be well advised to pick up this guide. As with any such hand loading guide, decisions must be made, and they won't meet 100% of the expectations of those using it. On the whole, it looks to be very informative. This is the impact of loading for dying cartridges. I always live in hopes that some of my favourites will make a comeback one day. :grin:

I have the online #7 but the book has not shipped yet despite being ordered on Thanksgiving. The data for most of my stuff is the same as #6, I noticed. Too bad, I hope that my #7 physical book comes soon, so that I can put #6 on my loading bench with #4.

I did see some data was the same, but there were some new additions as well. Retumbo for the 25-06, and some other powders have been updated. I imagine there is a bunch of carryover, but I do like how they list overall capacity of the case, gives a loader a hint if his chamber is bigger or smaller than what they used and he could adjust his loads accordingly.

There is a ton of information to mine for the diligent hand loader in this manual.

Nosler Reloading Manual #7 says: 40.5 grains of IMR 4350, Velocity: 2895, Nosler case, 210 Fed primer, 2.710 COAL, 24 inch barrel.

I do wish they included data for the 200 and 225gr AccuBond in the 358 win. I know many lever magazines will not allow them but a bolt gun can and they give no data for them.

The UPS guy dropped mine off last night. Nosler did a great job with this one. I really like that the added the COAL tested length in this edition. They also had quite a few excellent reviews for each cartridge.

I just finished reading my #7. Now, I'm starting on the Hornady #9. Since I'm down with the flu, I'm enjoying time to read. There are no guarantees as to how much I'll remember, however. :grin:

Got my #7 last night! Great read from John Nosler on the company and Big John. Lots of great intros on the cartridges. It was cool that Mike McNett from Double Tap wrote about the 10mm. One of the few people responsible for keeping the 10mm alive.

Back