7mm - 160 Accubond all-around?

remingtonman_25_06,

#1 3027
#2 3025
#3 3031

Hopefully I'll get a bull's opinion Wednesday morning.

Jerry 919
Bend, Oregon

I just workedup a load with the 150gr AccuBond in a 30-06 about a month ago,shoots under half inch,with best group of .392 so will be using it for deer in nov.Am glad to see how well the 140gr does in 7mm,and hope this load does as well.

As promised we out the 160 grains AccuBond through field testing on Wednesday for the Oregon Elk opener. Both my 19 year old son and I shoot Browning Bolt 7mm Rem. Mag. Wednesday afternoon my son, Thomas shot his first Elk. One shot heart lung at 125 yards. Dropped in it's tracks. Bull was a fat mature 6X6. Jellied heart and lungs. Exit was approx. 2" in diameter. My bull was a 6X6 at about 85 yards. One shot where skull meats the neck. Instant death. Broke neck and fractured the skull. Dropped like he fell through a trapdoor. Exit 3" with many bone fragments. Top rate performance.

Also shot a coyote at 150 yards. Can only guess about bullet performance. Looked like he swallowed a hand grenade an pulled the pin.

Jerry 919

As promised we out the 160 grains AccuBond through field testing on Wednesday for the Oregon Elk opener. Both my 19 year old son and I shoot Browning Bolt 7mm Rem. Mag. Wednesday afternoon my son, Thomas shot his first Elk. One shot heart lung at 125 yards. Dropped in it's tracks. Bull was a fat mature 6X6. Jellied heart and lungs. Exit was approx. 2" in diameter. My bull was a 6X6 at about 85 yards. One shot where skull meats the neck. Instant death. Broke neck and fractured the skull. Dropped like he fell through a trapdoor. Exit 3" with many bone fragments. Top rate performance.

Also shot a coyote at 150 yards. Can only guess about bullet performance. Looked like he swallowed a hand grenade an pulled the pin.

Jerry 919

Good Stuff Jerry, congrats to you both.

Been busy hunting with the bow and ML since elk season so haven't logged on for a long while. My update of the 160 AB, 100 yard wrap the top of heart put down my 6x5 bull elk down within 20-30 yards. Performance was I have seen in the past, pass thru, jelly in between, approx 2" exit hole and ton of blood on the dirt if I needed it! My partner also used the 160 in his 280 to take a raghorn, ditto on the above except his made it double of mine in distance after the shot. 2 very pleased Ab shooters though. Didn't see anything to shoot for a black bear, saw a couple real nice black but was hoping I'd have a run in with a chocolate we have been seeing.

I didn't fill my mulie buck or whitetail tags, so I have deceided the 160 AB/7mm mag will be called upon in the coming weeks. Previously I'd be switching to the 150BT load but I want to give the 160 a entire year test...I expect the same if the bucks cooperate.

Jerry 919":2gzv2ptw said:
Have spent the last week working up load for the opening of Elk season in Central Oregon. Tried Rl-22 and H-1000. On Sat., 10-21 shot a three shot group that measured .156" When I figure our how to post picture it will appear here. R-P brass, Fed. 215 mag., 72.5 grains H-1000. Rifle is a Browning Medallion scoped with a 3X9 Leupold. 30 degrees, no wind. Shot at the Redmond Rod and Gun Club.

NiCE

Back