7mm 160 gr acubonds with red tips?

eas02

Beginner
Nov 10, 2006
I just got my order in from proshop 160gr acubonds with red tips. I know my 7mm balistic tips were red should the accubonds be red also?

The 160 7mm accu bonds I have , have white tips. As do all the acubonds I have bought.

Sounds like someone went you the wrong stuff :shock:

I had the same concerns,I called and he said that it was for a run for Winchester.I also got the 140 gr. and they were also red tipped.Son in law shot his elk with the 140 gr. and it preformed well.

Ronco is right, the usual Accubonds that Nosler sells all have white tips. However, the Accubonds that Nosler sells to Winchester for use in their CT AccuBond loads are all furnished with red tips, regardless of caliber.

Nosler sometimes sells these as seconds in the Shooter's Pro Shop. I have some 140 AccuBond seconds with red tips, and they seem to shoot just like the white tipped "firsts" that I have.

Nosler seconds remain a great value.

ronco and Randy are both correct. I have receives both Red tip and White tip 160 gr AB's from Shooters Pro Shop. The Red tip seconds are Winchester's run of bullets. I have found that both the red and white shoot to the same POI in my 280 AI.

JD338

Is there any way to get these factory seconds Accubonds (Winchester Red-tip) in Canada? :grin: Also are they coated with the Lubalox coating?

Thanks for the help

JD338":n9vlyuks said:
ronco and Randy are both correct. I have receives both Red tip and White tip 160 gr AB's from Shooters Pro Shop. The Red tip seconds are Winchester's run of bullets. I have found that both the red and white shoot to the same POI in my 280 AI.

JD338
Yup. I had them also. They work as well a firsts.

Good information to know. I have some Hornady's and would have just guessed that I was looking at their bullets

Back