7mm , Berger 140 hunting VLD

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I shot one of these at 20 yards . there isn't much left to look at . I shot this from my rem 7mm-08 the muzzle velocity is roughly 3100 FPS . all these pieces weigh 42.0 grains

P8180022.jpg

P8180020.jpg

I then shot one at 100 yards , it weighed in at 47.6 grains .

P8180023.jpg

P8180025.jpg

all I could see was jugs flying . LOL
P8180015.jpg

it was hard on the jugs .
P8180016.jpg

Very nice Jim! Looks like it would be nasty on deer! They do seem to stand up pretty well when they slow down some. I still haven't tried them but I will once I find some time. Scotty

beretzs":24ipxmie said:
Very nice Jim! Looks like it would be nasty on deer! They do seem to stand up pretty well when they slow down some. I still haven't tried them but I will once I find some time. Scotty

Scotty , I'm getting some very good accuracy from these . I'm going to try to kill something with them this year . LOL Jim

You're getting excellent velocity out of that -08!

The Bergers scare me. They seem to be a bit fragile from what I've seen but I do follow the exit wound track. I know they disrupt a lot of tissue and create dead game and this is what its all about.

Thanks for posting all these results.

CatskillCrawler":3tjrq016 said:
You're getting excellent velocity out of that -08!

The Bergers scare me. They seem to be a bit fragile from what I've seen but I do follow the exit wound track. I know they disrupt a lot of tissue and create dead game and this is what its all about.

Thanks for posting all these results.

I'm using reloader17 powder . I think it's the stuff for the 7-08 .

I've never hunted with the Bergers , so time will tell on the results .

your welcome , I've never tested bullets before ,it's fun . LOL Jim

Back