7mm LR Accubond Field Report / Recovered Bullet

Nosler states the AbLR uses the same bonding process as the standard AccuBond. According to nosler the entire core is bonded to the jacket. But in order for the bullet to have the high bc that it does and reliable expansion at 1300 fps the jacket had to be thinner than the standard ab. By bonding the entire core to the jacket and lightening the jacket thickness it eliminates the problems encountered with previous long range bullets at close range and long range.

Nice buck.... looks a little like the Pallouse....

I'm very surprised by the erratic results I've experienced and seem to read about the ABLR. Strange velocities, weird penetration, core separation in a bonded bullet.... but there's no denying that they seem to turf stuff pretty well.

I have 4 boxes left of the 150/7mm ABLR.... the first box shot pretty well, but nothing impressive (and I did not see any of the increased velocities that many here speak of. I think they're a great concept.... just not quite ironed out yet... I'm looking forward to the generation 2 ABLR.... as Nosler seems pretty good about making appropriate adjustments to tweak performance of good bullet designs.

For now..... if I'm gunning a 7mm.... pass the 162 Amax...

Yep, It's the Palouse. In fact behind me (you cant see the canyon) is the Palouse River. Love that country

Back