7mm Mashburn Super 175 PTs and RL33

You know, the late John Wooters was a 7mm Rem mag fan. I remember reading a write-up he did on lengthening out the throat on one in his Mod 700. If I remember right, he seated the Nosler 175PT way out and, of course, had to use what powders were available then. Now, I've slept since then, so I may get this wrong but it seems to me he used Norma MRP, "maybe" H870. Both were about it back then. I tried both in my 24" 7mm mag at the time, but I never got the velocities from the 160PT I read about. I got 2950, which was perfect..."but not for me Bless God"!! ha. I wanted that 3100fps! I got it just fine, and then some with a 7mm STW and later a 7mm RUM, ha. And it even took a 26" 7mmRem mag with R26 to get to 3130 last year! ha. Only way I would go to the Masburn "now" is if I get "antsy"...which happens a lot with me! :)

preacher":1s501fwg said:
Being an old Bob Hagel fan helps, ha.

Same here Jim. That's almost the exact reason I became interested in the MSM. It just flat works with standard powders that are easy to get. It does even better with the powders that we have nowadays that boost FPS as well.

Back