7mm wsm

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
Hey everyone I am new to the 7mm wsm because I just got it yesterday. I have gotten some load data from POP already (THANKS again POP), but I am wondering what is your favorite load and how did it preform for accuracy and how did it do on animals. Thank you

I loaded for a buddy's 7WSM M 70 Super Shadow this past fall and it shot really well with the 160 AccuBond and Nosler's max load of H4831SC with WLRM primers. He shot a mule deer with it and was impressed at how fast it dropped. That's my only experience with the 7WSM.

160 AccuBond 66 gr RL22 in my Win 70 classic and my Browning synthetic Stalker. Both yielded about 3080 fps and well under MOA. Never bothered with another load...

Hey POP, do you know the ballistics that you are getting with that load out to 1000 yards by chance?

The 7 mm WSM is one of my favourite cartridges. I have two hunting loads, one of which I have used extensively on deer, though I have not used it yet on elk or moose. That load consists of 70 grains of MagPro with WLRM primers and 160 grain AB. It produces excellent velocities and sub-MOA groups. The other load I have worked up and intend to use this fall uses 71 grains of MagPro and a WLR primer with a Sierra 160 grain HPBT. I am currently testing to verify a load that uses 65.5 grains of IMR7828, Remington 9.5M primers and 160 grain Partitions. The velocity is slightly less, but initial groups were in the range of 0.3 inches. This certainly merits a closer look.

I have experianced pressure spikes using MagPro in hot weather. Loads that were ok in cool weather were hot when it was hot out.

I don't load MagPro anymore.

My current load for the 7mm WSM in my M70 is the 168 gr VLD, R 22 and Fed 215's.

Previously loading 140 Bt's with 7828 and 215's.

Savage99,

I'll watch for pressure. I'm not loading to the max and I really haven't shot this load in hot weather. It seldom gets very hot this far north. Nevertheless, I'll check that out this summer. Thanks for the heads up.

Savage99":1vc89a42 said:
I have experianced pressure spikes using MagPro in hot weather. Loads that were ok in cool weather were hot when it was hot out.

I don't load MagPro anymore.

My current load for the 7mm WSM in my M70 is the 168 gr VLD, R 22 and Fed 215's.

Previously loading 140 Bt's with 7828 and 215's.
What type of groups are you getting with the 168?

corbin9191

Congratulations on your new 7mm WSM.
I would load the 160 gr AB for everything and not look back.

JD338

Thank you JD338! I will also try the 160 AB's along with a couple other bullets and you know how they turn out. The first loads that I am going to try in the hornady 162 interlocks with IMR 7828.

Back