7x57 or 7x57 AI

Good to see the interest in the 7X57. I endorse the idea of stamping the barrel .275 Rigby, just for the nostalgia, if nothing else. Nice reloading setup, SJB. Similar to my layout, except I have a RCBS Rockchucker next to my Forster Bonanza Co-Ax. Dr. Mike, I have a post-64 Win. Fwt. in 7X57 which I might be talked out of but I have to warn you that it has very plain walnut but is "as new with original box and hang tags." Getting it to Canada might be tough. Since I already own a Ruger 77RS and a Mannlicher-Schoenauer in that caliber, I am over-extended on this chambering. I can attach a photo of the rifle if you wish. Cheers!

duckcreekdick":37mj6wux said:
Good to see the interest in the 7X57. I endorse the idea of stamping the barrel .275 Rigby, just for the nostalgia, if nothing else. Nice reloading setup, SJB. Similar to my layout, except I have a RCBS Rockchucker next to my Forster Bonanza Co-Ax. Dr. Mike, I have a post-64 Win. Fwt. in 7X57 which I might be talked out of but I have to warn you that it has very plain walnut but is "as new with original box and hang tags." Getting it to Canada might be tough. Since I already own a Ruger 77RS and a Mannlicher-Schoenauer in that caliber, I am over-extended on this chambering. I can attach a photo of the rifle if you wish. Cheers!

Man, I was kinda hoping the picture of the rifle would take the focus off the mess on the reloading bench.. :grin:

yukon huntress":jh87d7l6 said:
Also to the member who thinks I should "quit cluttering up the forum with my nonsense" If I ever get a pm from you again, I will post it on the open forum, as I am not as nice or tolerant as Aleena. You may be right and perhaps everyone here agrees with you, but it will be out in the open and not hidden via pm. And for the record I dont care if someone uses a Dachshund to hunt with, it is their choice. We prefer the Boykin and will continue to use the breed.

Just let me or JD know. We will fix it ASAP

SJB358":1o437aeq said:
duckcreekdick":1o437aeq said:

Man, I was kinda hoping the picture of the rifle would take the focus off the mess on the reloading bench.. :grin:

Everybody on this forum was so busy looking at just the rifle that they did not even see your messy bench! :mrgreen:

cloverleaf":1jzx5wnx said:
I toy with the idea of AI a 250. It was the round that Ackley said gave him the greatest percentage of improvement. That said, they can be accurate w/o and will any critter know the difference? I cant believe they would. And then there's the hypothetical, can I get it at Walmart in Cheyene at 2:00 AM when I left mine on the counter at home? I dont think you could go wrong either way, but the Ackley has a definite cool factor. CL

CL, my hunting partner has a 250AI. I did the initial load for for him. It wouldn't have been my choice, but it is what he had to have.

Dr. Mike, I have a post-64 Win. Fwt. in 7X57 which I might be talked out of but I have to warn you that it has very plain walnut but is "as new with original box and hang tags." Getting it to Canada might be tough. Since I already own a Ruger 77RS and a Mannlicher-Schoenauer in that caliber, I am over-extended on this chambering. I can attach a photo of the rifle if you wish.

That is just cruel! I might be able to finagle it. However, it is easier to find one that is already this side of the line, and there are some. I completed load development on a very nice Mauser chambered in 7X57 this past spring. It shot wonderfully tiny groups. The owner had been using it for years to take moose and deer over on the BC coast. Now, he wanted to change up the load. We finally settled on a 160 grain Partition, and it consistently shoots three into one ragged hole.

Here is a photo of my Winchester Mod. 70 Fwt. in 7X57. I purchased it from the White Elephant store in Spokane and over the years it has hardly been used and has yet to be blooded in the game fields.

Attachments

• Mod. 70 7X57 002.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 609
duckcreekdick":2j0c674l said:
Here is a photo of my Winchester Mod. 70 Fwt. in 7X57. I purchased it from the White Elephant store in Spokane and over the years it has hardly been used and has yet to be blooded in the game fields.

DCD, that is very nice buddy. The one I have shoots really well so far. Can't wait to really get at it. I haven't really started any serious load work with it yet.

76CE50ED-6FD5-4A20-8166-7137ADB78EA1-2465-000002F1583EA80C.jpg

C7FB4C60-40E7-4947-B349-DF6C448E6287-2465-000002F15191FC50.jpg

C6E7462B-2727-4E12-B46E-7330804B8E38-2465-000002F13F5E18C0.jpg

ac8889f6.jpg

The best so far.

IMG_0740.jpg

SJB358":15hpteli said:
duckcreekdick":15hpteli said:

DCD, that is very nice buddy. The one I have shoots really well so far. Can't wait to really get at it. I haven't really started any serious load work with it yet.

76CE50ED-6FD5-4A20-8166-7137ADB78EA1-2465-000002F1583EA80C.jpg

C7FB4C60-40E7-4947-B349-DF6C448E6287-2465-000002F15191FC50.jpg

C6E7462B-2727-4E12-B46E-7330804B8E38-2465-000002F13F5E18C0.jpg

ac8889f6.jpg

The best so far.

IMG_0740.jpg

You really need to work on that last group. Wow!

Thanks PA.. The rifle is a good one. It is one of the rifles I really enjoy spending time with on the bench. Looking to get cracking with the new ALR's when they hit the street. Might make this rifle a little more capable on the longer ranges for elk and such. Gotta run some numbers, but I will get back with ya!

Accubonds Long Range. They are making a 150, 168 and 175. That 150 should be sweet in the Mauser.

Palouser: One more photo of the rifle from the other side. I'll keep you in mind on this. The rifle is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Attachments

• Mod. 70 pt. 2 002.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 371
duckcreekdick":5vnsysun said:
Palouser: One more photo of the rifle from the other side. I'll keep you in mind on this. The rifle is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Very handsome. It looks like something I could enjoy. But, then, I'm pretty eclectic in what gives me enjoyment.

Back