90gr BlitzKings

Mike I hear ya and realize your right. The AccuBond is a heck of a bullet and worthy of its premium price if you need that sorta bullet. I couldn't agree more. However:
I am all ears if you fellas see any BT/AB at SPS this summer ,But I already have a couple boxes of 140gr SSTs, so just thought I would bang them away , messing with Xwinds this summer as the BC is pretty similar to the BT bullet from memory, So figured sometime between now, and next fall, Nosler may have them on some sorta deal??? :)

That isn't a bad plan and should give you an idea of where your at speed wise. Looking forward to hearing how they shoot. Heck, if they shoot well I wouldn't worry too much about using them.

Well I have had nothing but one "bang flop kill", after another one, with the 165gr SSTs in my 06, and ditto with both the 130gr and 140gr SST bullets, out of my 270 on our Big Northern Whitetails , on shots under 300yds, I have not seen any bullet that works better on DEER. However I do not use them on Moose,and I actually have NO experience with SSTs on 4/500 yard shots , so that is unfamiliar territory with the SST bullets. So any advice from actual experiences from anyone on here, regularly shooting deer with a BT or ABs; out>> BEHOND 300yds<< at a velocity around 3K at the muzzle, I am ALL ears.
Of course what they do inside of 300 yds, is already on the hardrive, so no need to compare that .
So any recoved bullets, or penetration examples , actual kills on DEER is greatly appreaciated, as long as they are from 4/600 yds they would be of interest.
But I am going to guess the response to this request, will be light?

Well I guess you never know? Coyote # 11 has just been added to the tally, so thats still a long way from the 17 we got back in 2009, but its now only 2 less than our next best year, 2006 when we had 13! And had we not lost two this season , to run offs from pass thrus, from poorly hit dogs, we would have tied our second best season ever!
Anyway here is a pretty graphic picture of the coyote hit from the second story, at a downward angle behind the left shoulder and exiting down thru the back of his underside, total devastation as it took the liver right out thru the back with everything else................... this was again at 300yds to give you some idea how devastating this BlitzKing really is?IMG_20160324_080931900 (1).jpg Double click on the image if its hard to see it.

Earle those 90gr. BLTKs do a fine job & coming out at over 3300fps is impressive (y). Keep stacking those Yotes, the Whitetail are thanking you!!!

Blessings,
Dan

We certainly have it in overdrive the last week or so ! Wish I could have retrieved that big one at 456 yds, but that was before we had all this cold weather, and with 4/6 Eagles spending all day working on him, there was nothing left after a day or so to retrieve; now that we have safe ice again! :(
e

Well I have to report a couple of things, I did get one more Saturday morning, so that brings us up to an even dozen coyotes for this winter.................... again the 90gr BiltzKing worked wonderfully and knock him right off from his feet for yet another instant kill !! The ice has been very rotten for over a week again and we didn't dare attempt a retrieve on the last two coyotes , but this picture taken yesterday afternoon will show you how fast the wind can start to rip open a lake! There was still approximately 4/6" of rotten ice out there yesterday morning , this is what it looked like at 3pm! You can still see what is left of the last coyote laying there. 30 mins later he was gone, so that is certainly the last coyote over bait for the 2016 season!IMG_1019.JPG

Pretty decent year. Glad those 90's worked out so well. Seems like you found the one for the 25 Whelen.

I really think I did Scotty, this BlitzKing bullet just whacks the heck out of them, and there is none of that dragging themselves around , or bitting at themselves.................................. this caliber, with this bullet sends them to the big deer yard in the sky , right now. Lites out baby. Awesome combo for big Northern Coyotes, and I have no doubt would also be a wonderful Timber Wolf loading as well.
Cheers
Earle

Back