Affordable AND good quality

Africa Huntress":3enzclvo said:
ps. p.s. I can not believe that Scotty, Dewey, and Nathan do not have a double rifle in their safe. They love "different" Ha

Since you brought me up :mrgreen:

I would love to have one but I would rather make my own and I might just do it next year after I learn Solidworks in school. This semester we are working with Gibbs. Once I can do the CAD work on the design then I can make it in my CNC mill but if I go that far I might as well make them to sell. :roll: It's a slippery slope from there.

IdahoCTD":onmt6erc said:
Africa Huntress":onmt6erc said:
ps. p.s. I can not believe that Scotty, Dewey, and Nathan do not have a double rifle in their safe. They love "different" Ha

I would love to have one but I would rather make my own and I might just do it next year after I learn Solidworks in school. This semester we are working with Gibbs. Once I can do the CAD work on the design then I can make it in my CNC mill but if I go that far I might as well make them to sell. :roll: It's a slippery slope from there.

That is very cool Nathan, best of luck to you. I am sure you already know this but you can buy the "lock' from several different places, in Europe and probably even from Searcy. What caliber are you thinking ?

o.K. guys I am off, but it has been fun having a day or two so as to respond while in the same time zone, will somewhat.

Best Regards

Jamila

IdahoCTD":1uzs07ny said:
Africa Huntress":1uzs07ny said:

That is impressive Nathan.

I have no idea what caliber I'd build. I've never been good at just buying stuff if it's something I can make and it's excessively expensive.

Jamilia
I wish my financial situation was as you indicated, unfortunately, most of what is charged goes to overhead. If that were not the case I would certainly own a battery of doubles and a drilling or two. I have owned a double in 577. Shot an elk with it. Unfortunately I no longer have the rifle.
In any event I too enjoy your posts. It is unfortunate some folks were not taught or choose to ignore the good manners they were taught.
Do keep posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote="salmonchaser"
I have owned a double in 577. Shot an elk with it. Unfortunately I no longer have the rifle.

I can not let this pass

salmonchaser ---you ARE the man!

the 577 has more than twice the recoil of a 375

the 577 will weight in excess of 15 pounds

the 577 will cost one 20 dollars or more per round ( not a lot of range time )

On our first trip to Africa I took a 416 Rigby and even it was too much for me and every trip thereafter I used a 375 H & H.

One of the knocks ( besides the ones I mentioned above ) with the Nitro rounds is staying on target after the first shot--of course with a round this big, if your on target with the first shot--game over.

But, on the other hand, the nostalgia of hunting with a nitro in Africa is priceless.

Salmonchaser, what "drilling" ( combination of calibers/gauges ) would you get ? They are still popular in Europe due mainly to the restriction on the number of firearms one can own in some countries. Blaser is also selling a ton of rifles to folks in Europe with their interchangeable barrels.

Are you home yet ?

Jamilia
I wish my financial situation was as you indicated, unfortunately, most of what is charged goes to overhead. If that were not the case I would certainly own a battery of doubles and a drilling or two. I have owned a double in 577. Shot an elk with it. Unfortunately I no longer have the rifle.
In any event I too enjoy your posts. It is unfortunate some folks were not taught or choose to ignore the good manners they were taught.
Do keep posting.

The drilling and the 577 and a .375 H&H were gifted to me shortly after I started my Law Enforcement career by the father of a woman I was engaged too. One night I got in a fight with Seahawks football player, (one year and done, nobody famous) I got him in cuffs but took a bit of a beating in the process. My lieutenant called her to pick me up at the hospital. On the way home she said I had a choice to make;
I sure miss those guns.
The drilling, a Heym 12x12x7x57;

FWIF I've shot and used the Double Merkel rifles when I was working in Zimbabwe. Very good value for the money I thought back in the day.

The PH training me had paid roughly only a little over 5K USD for it, nothing fancy, no engraving, but a working man's 470NE that was very accurate for me..... Funny thing was when he offered me to shoot it after he put a few holes in a Termite Mound. So I put a Coke can on the end of a tree branch 3-4 feet off the ground, and put two rounds side-by-side in that can! He was a little shocked to say the least. When he asked if I thought I could do that again I said "sure why not, it's your ammo", and turned the can 90 degrees around and did it again!

I told him to save that ammo since it was so accurate in that gun, I even offered to buy it although He didn't want to let go of it. He did offer to let me use it for the shooting test portion for the PH exam in mid October, but I had left the Country do to getting sick too many times from the lack of proper drinking water! Not Cool on the Outfitters part!

The only thing that has ever kept me from having a double rifle is and has been being able to afford one.
My choice would be a Searcy in .470 Nitro Express!
I would hunt the big stuff here, and in Africa with it.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

If it were me I wouldn't worry about the gun I'm using vs. the cartridge. i.e. a good 458 WM, Lott, Watt, 416 Rem. Mag, Rigby, etc. in a good bolt gun, and go spend the money on the hunting of Game!

It maybe cool and all, but where the bullet goes vs. how it got there is far more important! I like a fine dbl. as much as the next guy, if money were not an issue but that's not always the case now is it!

salmonchaser , that was a very nice drilling, wish you still had it, but maybe again someday AND I loved your joke--will it was sort of a joke lol

Cole, I agree and in my case even the bolt 375 H & H was enough gun. But my late husband felt differently and had to have a double, and then a drilling, and then --will you know the drill, but he was a good husband and father so I didn't give him a "choice"--some of that salmoonchaser is my fear he would choose the guns.

Also very good shooting Cole, especially in a caliber that large and your first time shooting it, very nicely done.

I think in Jamila case, it was what she grew up with, plus her parents paid for it. Although I am older than Aleena ( Jamila's mother ) I have hinted to her that I am wiling to be adopted

Europe":625z2blb said:
I think in Jamila case, it was what she grew up with, plus her parents paid for it. Although I am older than Aleena ( Jamila's mother ) I have hinted to her that I am willing to be adopted
Me too! Unless Jamila liked me well enough too that she thought I might meet her expectations? :grin:

Back