Alaska hunting in feb in shorts and a tshirt!

I had a similar problem some years ago when the neighbor dredged the creek he used for irrigation. That sent about 100 rats into my back up dammed pond that fed the creek.

Wifey went Freakin' BALLASTIC !! OMG ! OMG! OMG!

Hubbie to the rescue with her Dad's single shot Stevens 22. It was that, a 7 Mag, or the 12 ga.

Noon, off the deck railing....6AM from the bedroom window.....jump off the mower rush into the house and Pop one off the kids trampoline. She still, to this date, has to try to humiliate me about dawning a ripped up shirt and PJ bottoms to stalk around the corner of the house to pop a rat off the front porch.

It actuality turned out to to be some pretty good field shooting experience. If you can hit a rat at 30yds, a deer at 200 is a piece of cake !

In my early teenage years I would spend the summer on my Uncle's farm and I was paid to keep the rat, mice and gopher population down.
The bounty was quite the incentive I received a nickel for a gopher, 3 cents for a rat and 1 penny for mice.
I had 2 gopher traps & my pellet gun a 177 model, did not make alot of money but it sure kept me busy & happy :mrgreen:

Blessing,
Dan

Back