Alberta hunter host program, fyi

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
Hello all,

Just an fyi for anyone that doesn’t know. The province of Alberta allows nonresident hunters from out of province or country to hunt with a resident with a hunter host permit instead of an outfitter or guide. This has some conditions and rules attached obviously and requires a $40 permit.
I believe a host is allowed two guest hunters per year and is only allowed one that is not related/family from out of country annually and the host cannot be paid or remunerated for taking guests hunting.

So, if you’ve got family or friends in Alberta and didn’t get the draws you wanted or need a good reason to visit, here is an option.

I’ll attach a link with the regulations if that’s alright.

Probably the only way I'll ever get to hunt antelope. Need to start applying for them. As usual BC is much more complicated and restricted but there is opportunity for Canadian residents to hunt here, I believe there is an option for close family members from out of country to hunt as well.

Probably the only way I'll ever get to hunt antelope. Need to start applying for them. As usual BC is much more complicated and restricted but there is opportunity for Canadian residents to hunt here, I believe there is an option for close family members from out of country to hunt as well.
Yes, this is correct.

Attention Alberta Hunters

Orphaned male, late 50’s, in need of temporary family for hunting purposes.

Well mannered, willing and able to do his fair share and more of camp chores, great conversationalist, and has better than average camp cooking skills looking for his temporary Alberta family to share his harvest with.

This could be you! Don’t let this amazing opportunity pass you by.

Vince

I read the title too quickly and thought it was a program for lost hunters, not host hunters! :)

Thought wow - if they have so many hunters who get lost in AB, it must be pretty bad...

Guy
I thought it was about an Aberta guy hosting a TV show

Back