Alces alces

Greg,

Moose continues in this zone until November 1st, and then deer starts. You can take a combination of up to three whitetail and mule deer, but not more than one of each sex. Elk continues through October. Black bear continues to November 15. Shortly, they will start denning up. However, since we have not had heavy snows yet, they are still out bulking up. I would like to get in some wolf hunting during the winter. It is open year around.

Actually, I thank God frequently that He permitted me to live here and have the experiences I have enjoyed. I am indeed blessed, and for that I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am.

Same here, the hunting you have available seasonally is what most of us hunters salivate over. I am pretty content to hunt deer, but I hope to live in an area when I retire that I can have that kind of opportunity. Scotty

Hey DrMike, those are great stories. However I will have to make one comment I thought that the recession was over here in Canada.
You and your buddy should be driving (Chevys) no more being stuck and nice and quiet, you can get anywhere. :wink:

DrMike when encountering a bear make sure that your boats are tied up and always remember that you do not have to out run the bear just the other person with you :wink: :lol:

Just in from hunting all day. It snowed heavily this morning, but had melted by two this afternoon. No elk for me, but we saw moose and lots of mule deer and whitetails. A cow and calf moose came out and grazed for about an hour. It was great watching them, all the time hoping that a bull would come in. She kept looking to the eastern bush line as though something were there, but nothing else showed. None of the moose were legal, but I'm still looking for either of three bulls handing out in this area. Hopefully, I can put a stalk on one and put an arrow in him. Had a coyote trot by at 50 yards, but since we were stalking a bear at the time, we let him go. Consequently, the bear didn't come in. A young grizzly is wandering the backside of the area we are hunting. He's bulking up for winter. However, we didn't see him either.

I have my crossbow sighted in. I'll be back out Sunday evening looking for elk. One of my hunting buddies phoned at dusk to say that he dropped his elk, so we hied over to help him dress it out. Now, it is time to catch a little sleep. My hunting partner complains that my snoring was disturbing the moose.

I have a small problem on a 270 WSM to address this week and I just received a 7mm RM with a request for load development for a fellow headed to Old Mexico for a Coues Deer hunt. This is all in addition to regular pastoral duties. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back