ALERT ON ZEISS

I've had a couple of those. Great buy on your part. Congratulations.

I saw it, and had to jump on it, esp. since I got some got news for the holidays...

I just bought a VX-3 Leupold, oh well! They must be redesigning or reconfiguring the Conquest line into something else? These have not been this cheap since they came out in 2002.

If anyone is going to order one, I have a $10 off coupon with Cabela's

I just ordered a 3-9 as for $290 shipped to me, I figured there was no going wrong at this price, except I don't need it.

Oh well.

Oldtrader3":26q3v0zt said:
I just bought a VX-3 Leupold, oh well! They must be redesigning or reconfiguring the Conquest line into something else? These have not been this cheap since they came out in 2002.
Not sure what they're doing, Charlie, but I'd bet they're watching an awful lot of sales going to Minox and are looking for a way to recapture some of it.

Probably so on the sales to Minox, Robert. Both scopes feature Schott Glass and are similar in that they are assembled in the US from European components. Minox has cut their prices, especially on open box stuff. I am betting that Minox discounting has hurt Conquest sales in recent years.

IMHO, the magnifications at 10x on the high end and over for Conquest are over priced. I have considerd getting a 3.5-10x44 Conquest and larger Zeiss models. However, they start start getting too rich for my blood pretty fast. One should be able to get a 3.5-10x40 or so, quality scope for $500 and that size is mostly what I have used. My days of buying scopes which cost more than $1000. are over. Retirement has taken care of that.

Yeah, Charlie, what with the Conquest 3-9x40 being so cheap for so long, I just couldn't bring myself to spend another $300 or so to get a 3.5-10x44. That being said, I sure would love to give a 6.5-20x50 a try...

Kurt, the 6.5-20x50 Conquest would be a nice varmit and long range scope. I have been going the other way and just bought a 1.5-5x20 Leupold VX-3 for jungle elk.

Thanks .for the heads up. I just ordered one. I do not have any experience with Zeiss. I hope it works out good for me. Thanks Brian

brianwyo":3r1w342m said:
Thanks .for the heads up. I just ordered one. I do not have any experience with Zeiss. I hope it works out good for me. Thanks Brian

I believe you will truly appreciate this scope, Brian.

I've owned six or seven of the Conquest scopes, Brian. I didn't own any that I didn't think were fine scopes with bright optics. I still own a couple. I would only replace them with something I consider to have a decided advantage in optical clarity or to meet a specific need that they somehow failed to meet.

brianwyo":yc4y17i2 said:
DrMike put his stamp of approval on the scope. Maybe I should have bought a second one. 8)

The thing about the good doctor is this: he loves spending other people's money. Particularly on Euroglass.

Of course, he's not exactly alone on the spending others money (ahem Fotis, Scotty...).

:)

BK":ahkvwdvy said:
brianwyo":ahkvwdvy said:
DrMike put his stamp of approval on the scope. Maybe I should have bought a second one. 8)

The thing about the good doctor is this: he loves spending other people's money. Particularly on Euroglass.

Of course, he's not exactly alone on the spending others money (ahem Fotis, Scotty...).

:)

All right, fess up, Kurt. How much remains in your bank account? What is the credit limit on your credit card? We haven't begun to "assist" you, yet. :mrgreen:

No credit cards, Doc. Besides, with the stack of rifles I have picked up in the last couple of years, you should cut me a little slack.

That being said, I think I might start looking for a custom action for a LR build... Defiance probably, Stiller maybe. Pondering 6.5x47, 7 SAUM, or 7mm-375 Ruger. Just need to become gainfully employed again.

Well, I guess Cabela's ran out of the 3-9x40 since they are no longer there.....

Back