Another big surprise from Hornady

I would bet they kill stuff quite well. They are expensive but how many bullets do most people shoot a year in a hunting rifle? I would bet most are 100 or less. Midway has the prices at 80-90/100. So they cost that hunter about 40-50.00 more per year for bullets. Even if a person shot 400/year for ELR or target shooting it would be 40.00/100 more then say 215 or 230 Berger's. That is 160.00/year more expensive for almost .200 more G1 BC. Still way cheaper then solid copper Cutting Edge or Hammer bullets and they have higher BC's. Look at the cross section of the 225 ELD-M versus the A-tip. They are almost identical. That is why I know they will work on game despite what they say they are good for. They don't rate ELD-M's or A-Max's for hunting and I've watched them crush animals.

Has anyone been able to find bullet overall length of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy called Hornady and got this answer on the .30's.

The 250 OAL is 1.858 and the bearing surface is .633

The 230 OAL is 1.760 and the bearing surface is .535

IdahoCTD":156z8jkg said:
A guy called Hornady and got this answer on the .30's.

The 250 OAL is 1.858 and the bearing surface is .633

The 230 OAL is 1.760 and the bearing surface is .535

Thank you Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might try some of these in my 6 Creedmoor.

Those new 110 gr Hornady bullets have an amazing BC... The 108 gr Hornady ELD-M bullets I've been using in it have had excellent accuracy to 600 yards, the farthest I've tried them yet.

Guy

From what I've seen it looks like aluminum tipped bullets. Reminds me of the old Winchester Silvertips for various calibers.

diverdown":1fyzafkj said:
From what I've seen it looks like aluminum tipped bullets. Reminds me of the old Winchester Silvertips for various calibers.

Yup that's it right there. Aluminum Tip The "ATip" bullet. (y)

Guy Miner":3nqreaxf said:
I might try some of these in my 6 Creedmoor.

Those new 110 gr Hornady bullets have an amazing BC... The 108 gr Hornady ELD-M bullets I've been using in it have had excellent accuracy to 600 yards, the farthest I've tried them yet.

Guy

Just FYI, Barnes has a 112gr match burner with a higher listed BC than the 110gr A-tip...

Back