Another load data question.....

storm999

Beginner
Oct 15, 2004
Ok, I have another question for you guys. Has anyone out there worked up any loads for 200 grain Ballistic Tips or 225 grain Accubonds in the .338 Lapua Magnum. I love Nosler bullets, but hate when a cartridge I am trying to find data on isn't listed in the manual. I would gladly pay $100 for a Nosler manual that covered all the cartridges that I want to handload. The Sierra manual is excellent if you are wanting to load for match ammo using their bullets, but nothing beats a Nosler for hunting and I have found that it's not a very good idea to use the data in the Sierra manual even for starting loads on Nosler bullets because the differences in bearing surface, etc. will sometimes create way too much pressure (blown a few primers doing this unwise practice) :oops:

Anyway, sorry for rambling on but I can alway WISH for a 2000 page Nosler reloading guide :wink:

When we finish the data, I will post it on Nosler.com

The data will get going, as we are having huge requests for Nosler Custom ammo in 338 Lapua.

I have been using 200gr. BT for a couple of years. Here are my loads:

My pet-load: 98gr. VihtaVuori N-165, Norma brass, C.O.L 93mm, MV 3150 fps from a 24.5" barrel, 1/2" groups @ 100 meters

At 99gr. new Norma cases shows flattened primers but not after resizing. This is probably due to excessive headspace.

With Lapua brass I have used 101.5gr. loads with no pressure signs.
This gave an additional 100fps but larger groups.

Back