Another Vortex thread....

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Six weeks ago I got a call from a buddy advising me SWFA had a smoking deal on a Vortex Crossfire 6x24x50AO with a Mil-Dot reticle.
They were on sale for $99.00.
I was looking for something inexpenxive to put on a Howa 1500 varmit in 308 that I had in the safe so; what the heck,I bought one. :shock:

I mounted it,boresighted it and finally gave the local ducks a reprieve :roll: yesterday and went to the range.

One round at 50 and then three at 100 and it was shooting POA.
Then I started "playing with it"

8 clicks up,POI was exactly two inches higher.Another 12 clicks and it was 5 inches.Cranked in twelve clicks right and she was 5 high and 3 right.24 clicks left and POI was 5 high,3 left.
Finally I brought it back 12 right and then 14 down,POI was dead center and 1.5 inches high.

All adjustments were audible and tactile.

Glass was every bit as clear as the 4-14 Ziess Conquest I have on my 280
Remmy.I had it there and did a side by side comparison.

My buddy put one on his AR in 6.5 Grendel and he reports exactly the same experience. :grin:

Howard

I was able to speak to the head of customer service at Vortex one morning. He told me their goal was to have customer service as good as Leupolds. He was well aware that was the gold standard they would have to meet.

Steve

I also communicated with them today. I specifically asked what scope they recommended for Adam 454's Bushmaster 50 BMG. He unequivocally answered ..................
"The Viper 6x20x50mm is 50 BMG ready"

Not that it's big $$ savings, but Sportsmans has had the 6 x 24 on sale for $499.00 I believe ten bucks off normal.

Back