At a loss for words...........

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Nothing really shocks me any more I guess. Seems the level of insanity today knows no bounds. I happened across this rifle when surfing around and put it on my watch list only because it caught my attention that it was at $1500 with 9 days left and already had a bunch of bids on it. That already seemed crazy high to me and I knew it would go higher with that much time left.

Every so often I'd check it and it would be up another $1000! I watched it go thru 2,3,4,5, and then 6. Look where it's at now with 4 hrs left. No words to explain it.

Well, I certainly understand being at a loss for words. I'm dizzy from shaking my head so vigorously!

I thought $1500 was way too high. When it went over 2K I thought it was ridiculous. Every level it hit past that was pure stupidity to me, and it just kept going. I mean, come down to below half that and just stop and think about it. $4500 for a Marlin 336 30-30. In what world?????

I recently left a super nice Win M70 XTR FWT New Haven CT gun, in a 257 Roberts sit for $1300. Can't be shoving money out the door like I'm at the bucket end of the government printing press. In retrospect maybe I should have my tail kicked after looking at this.

I looked back over the bid history after it ended. It started out at $100. There was 1 guy that jumped in at $1600 and he stuck with it bidding against other bidders all the way up through. He went all the way to $9,999. One guy that hadn't previously made a bid is who jumped in and put it over $10,000 with 4 hrs to go, and that proved to be the limit. I'd say it was the $9,999.00 guys' very lucky day. Best thing that could've happened to him.

So... I've got some Marlins I'd sell for $10k each if anyone is interested...

LOL! It's nuts. There's got to be more to the story.

Guy

Went to my local gun show this past weekend and saw two Marlin 336's in good condition, both 30-30's. Price out the door was $1800.00. I thought that was high and kept walking. I guess I'm behind times. (and glad of it).

So... I've got some Marlins I'd sell for $10k each if anyone is interested...

LOL! It's nuts. There's got to be more to the story.

Guy
Saw this posted on another forum and the question asked if it wasn't a scam? Seems to be more to this. Maybe a work of more than 1 to jack up the price? Dan.

Could very well be that there was some funny business mixed in. However it would've been a very coordinated effort involving multiple players. Just glancing down over the bid history there was roughly 34 different bidders. The only guy that stuck with it from down around the $1600 mark, and helped run it up all the way to $9,999................how would he know that there would be one guy that had not bid at all previously, and would jump in and put it over $10,000, which was the final bid??

Back