B&C New World Record

I saw 1 in Colorado a couple years back that made this goat look small ! Was going to Eleven Miler Reservoir and just past Spinney Lake turn off and silly goat standing 20 yards off the road!

That is a pig Terry!

Wife and I are heading out to ABQ tomorrow. Looking at houses for a few days. Not sure we will have time to get together, but I will try. If not, I will see you when I get there. In fact a few houses are down in your neck of the woods. Maybe I can infuse some Model 70ness into the neighborhood.

HOGWILD338-378":3sm5phw2 said:
I saw 1 in Colorado a couple years back that made this goat look small ! Was going to Eleven Miler Reservoir and just past Spinney Lake turn off and silly goat standing 20 yards off the road!

The pronghorn you saw along the road a couple of years ago made the new World Record goat look small?

Guy it was huge and not sure how it would have measured but it was much healthier looking than this B&C goat! Socorro County in Southern NM is noted for large goats as well !

pre6422hornet":1tewn1gw said:
That is a pig Terry!

Wife and I are heading out to ABQ tomorrow. Looking at houses for a few days. Not sure we will have time to get together, but I will try. If not, I will see you when I get there. In fact a few houses are down in your neck of the woods. Maybe I can infuse some Model 70ness into the neighborhood.

Hey if ya got time give me a shout! It's cooling down here and even been raining and supposed to be a little more incoming! Light coat in am is about all we are dealing with but traveling in NM you learn fast to have a reliable vehicle as walking in rural NM can be bad for your health! My area probably needs some more fire power :lol: we are tucked in behind the Petroglyph Monument on 3 sides with very few stores, close to us which keeps beer drinkers outta the area! We are about 3 miles South of Volcano Vista High School just off Unser Blvd! Y'all have a safe drive and enjoy the Desert SW!! :mrgreen: I am DAV so no work being done around here, had root canal done this afternoon! Do a lotta Dr appointments as my back has been acting up but if ya get a chance give me a call ! Remember now swamp cooler allowed they suck air from outside , inside but smoke from Forrest fires comes in as well ! Plus you will be on the roof messing with it all year which is no fun!

Well heck, if you know where there's a bigger one you ought to go get him and turn this one into the Number Two pronghorn!

My little buck doesn't even make the book. Sniff... But he looks good on the wall and was fine table fare. Great story, and that one in the story appears very symmetrical. Which I find pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Guy

Guy I have been digging around trying to find out what he shot this goat with but can't find much of anything other than he is a Trophy goat hunter! That goat I saw in Colorado was by himself and I am sure on private property as he was acting like a NM goat as they know where the have no pressure it seems! Poaching in both states is a huge problem but I am not on the list and NM is worse by far but it seems Mule Deer are affected here and our numbers are low I am sure! Lotta rural areas where people live off the land but very poor excuse to poach any critter, lotta of it going on on Reservation property as well!

Nothing "unhealthy" about that buck brother! Taken on the governors tag, harvested late june or july probably, all our southern pronghorns look like tick ridden yard sheep in the summer time. Seen some pics of that buck from the side, sexy mass, congrats to the hunter!

Back