Back from Wyoming, mule deer & antelope

Thanks. Wyoming has always provided a good hunt for me. Long drive, but worthwhile.

It was a good opportunity to use the "new" Ruger Number One rifle too. :grin:

Regards, Guy

Congrats on the Wyoming Guy!

That 7 Rem looks excellent! Nice buck as well.

Congrats on the hunt, Guy. Did you use a guide/outfitter for your hunt? If so, any recommendations? I'm thinking about a future mule deer/antelope combo hunt somewhere out that way, probably Wyoming.

Cheers,
Brian

I hunt a large cattle ranch that spreads out across the border into both Montana and Wyoming. I have learned to watch for that doggone border as I only hunt the Wyoming side. :)

I can recommend the ranch/outfitter, with some reservations:

It's getting more expensive year after year. Up to nearly $5k for five days of hunting. It's also getting more difficult to draw the deer & antelope tags. My hunting buddy didn't draw his antelope tag this year and was disappointed.

Typically we don't see really impressive mule deer bucks. They're around, but mostly we see "normal" size 3x and 4x animals.

There are some good pronghorn in the area too - and I have only myself to blame for never taking one of the bigger antelope bucks. I've shot five now, all were quite average, and it's my fault I haven't taken a bigger one. They are awfully fun to hunt and the meat is excellent.

Accommodations are okay, an old ranch house. We cook and eat together.

I'll PM you with contact info.

Regards, Guy

I have a buddy that used to guide for Table Mountain Outfitters, out of Cheyenne. The Denny's own it.
They're really nice, and they do hunts all over the state of Wyoming, and Idaho.
The prices are like what Guy has stated. Not cheap.
But, you get a lot more out of it, than if you would hunt here in Texas. In state hunting plots with ranchers that gouge everyone.
Well, that's my 2 cents worth.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Back